Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OpenCore Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 - 6700K (sleep problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case anyone has feedback here.
Transition to Open core went great with new hd.
Boot into 10.15.5 worked great
10.15.5 supplemental update worked great.
However when I import programs from my old HD I immediately get stuck at the apple logo / black screen.
Strange since all I'm importing are programs into the applications folder.
I can likely roll back to the version before importing my applications, but I would lose a lot of time reimporting everything.
I tried adding a -v flag in boot args on the config but it doesn't seem to do anything.
Any suggestion welcome.
config file attached.

In case anyone has feedback here.
Transition to Open core went great with new hd.
Boot into 10.15.5 worked great
10.15.5 supplemental update worked great.
However when I import programs from my old HD I immediately get stuck at the apple logo / black screen.
Strange since all I'm importing are programs into the applications folder.
I can likely roll back to the version before importing my applications, but I would lose a lot of time reimporting everything.
I tried adding a -v flag in boot args on the config but it doesn't seem to do anything.
Any suggestion welcome.
config file attached.

This is my EFI with Opencore 5.7.0 Bootloader. I removed my serial number. You have to add yours on PlatformInfo.
HI, I succesfully moved from clover to opencore using your EFI. However I'm having issues with dual monitor support. The DVI goes dark after about 3/5th of the apple boot sequence.
I also have not been successful in getting the MSI RX580 to work.
Curious if you or anyone out there could help me troubleshoot these two issues?
Thanks.

This is my EFI with Opencore 5.7.0 Bootloader. I removed my serial number. You have to add yours on PlatformInfo.

Thank you, it worked with my setup (i had to add agdpmod=pikera to boot args because of my navi gpu, and also added -v flag to see logs for some debugging)

My rig is Gigabyte z170x Gaming 3 - i7 6700k - rx 5700 xt - nvme samsung 950 pro

Thanks again bud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back