Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OpenCore Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 - 6700K (sleep problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690-Gaming X ddr4
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello to all. After a lot of reading I manage to make the transition from clover to OpenCore. When I finally managed to boot on Catalina, all working fine except sleep. When I put it to sleep and wake it up, the pc turn on but the screen remains black and I have to restart it to boot again on Catalina. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks a lot in advance !!

Mine does the same thing, I finally gave up and just don't sleep it anymore.

I managed to get it work. I disabled internal graphics on bios and sleep and wake works fine. But now I don’t have hardware video acceleration. I know that it can be fixed with hackintool. I did it in the past with clover boot loader but now I can’t remember how I did it.

Edit: I solved it with the below settings and now hardware video acceleration (internal graphics enabled) is working fine and also sleep and wake.
Screenshot 2020-03-23 at 9.28.26 PM.png

Last edited:
I managed to get it work. I disabled internal graphics on bios and sleep and wake works fine. But now I don’t have hardware video acceleration. I know that it can be fixed with hackintool. I did it in the past with clover boot loader but now I can’t remember how I did it.

Edit: I solved it with the below settings and now hardware video acceleration (internal graphics enabled) is working fine and also sleep and wake. The only thing is that when I move the mouse the computer wakes and then I have to click once again to wake the screen.
View attachment 456505
This is great news – I have the same board and GPU but am struggling with OpenCore - can you provide your EFI?

This is great news – I have the same board and GPU but am struggling with OpenCore - can you provide your EFI?

This is my EFI with Opencore 5.7.0 Bootloader. I removed my serial number. You have to add yours on PlatformInfo.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 772
This is my EFI with Opencore 5.7.0 Bootloader. I removed my serial number. You have to add yours on PlatformInfo.
Thanks so much. I'm going to give it one last go having followed khronokernel guide before turning to your EFI! ! I'll let you know.

I have the same board and an MSI RX580 and have not yet been successful with open core.
I am still running clover and am having a weird issue where the screen goes dark right after boot. I can still access it from another mac using screen sharing but cannot get the monitors working with internal graphics. I've also been unsuccessful in getting the external GPU to work ever since I had to shelve my nvidia card.
Did you need to do anything in particular in the bios or elsewhere to get the GPUs to work with this board?

@dave7
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
I was having endless problems with clover, going to black screen right at login window. SO I decided to try open core, but was having the same problem. I just swapped your EFI for mine and TADA!!! it booted right up.
Now I have to figure out how to add my serial number... on PlatformInfo.
Any pointers on how to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back