Contribute
Register

Opencore EFI problem with Acer Veriton N4640G USFF system (i5-6500t H110 based)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Acer Veriton N4640G USFF BIOS: R01-A1C0
CPU
i5-6500T
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Hello to the community
I have a weird issue where I couldn´t pass almost half-way of the loading bar (Opencore afa bootloader was showing up fine and would boot into other OSes but not MacOS) and I realised I had installed the release version of OC so I tried to replace the files with the debug version and after that it showed up only one time on boot menu, choose it and gave some text very quickly (probably just a few miliseconds on the screen, I didn´t have even have time to realise what it was) and since then the option didn´t even show up to choose opencore from the boot menu, tried copying the EFI folder on the drive with the MacOS install and on a USB Flash Drive that has the MacOS Installer on it and it is the same, tried all the USB Ports as well (but there is not a problem with the hardware itself as other OS installs (Linux based) and Live USBs are working without any issues. I can´t figure out exactly what is wrong with the Opencore configuration I´ve done as I haven´t done one in a while and I am quite rusty but hopefully someone with better knowledge or even with the same system as me can point me in the right direction with some help.
If needed, I attached the ZIP of the EFI folder. Specs of the machine: Acer Veriton N4640G | i5-6500T | HD530 | BIOS Version R01-A1C0.
Thank you :D

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 150
Run ocvalidate, you have an awful lot of errors.

Missing SSDT files too.
I started from scratch and now it does not show any errors on ocvalidate, however I am getting this after attempting to boot.
It doesn´t go past this regardless of how much I waited. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_0428.jpg
    IMG_0428.jpg
    404.7 KB · Views: 119
  • EFI.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 136
I started from scratch and now it does not show any errors on ocvalidate, however I am getting this after attempting to boot.
It doesn´t go past this regardless of how much I waited. Any ideas?
make sure of your BIOS settings:

Disable:
Fast Boot
Secure Boot
Serial/COM Port
Parallel Port
VT-d (can be enabled if you set DisableIoMapper to YES)
CSM
Thunderbolt(For initial install, as Thunderbolt can cause issues if not setup correctly)
Intel SGX
Intel Platform Trust
CFG Lock (MSR 0xE2 write protection)(This must be off, if you can't find the option then enable AppleXcpmCfgLock under Kernel -> Quirks. Your hack will not boot with CFG-Lock enabled)

Enable:
VT-x
Above 4G decoding
Hyper-Threading
Execute Disable Bit
EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode
DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 64MB or 128MB
SATA Mode: AHCI

make sure of your BIOS settings:

Disable:
Fast Boot
Secure Boot
Serial/COM Port
Parallel Port
VT-d (can be enabled if you set DisableIoMapper to YES)
CSM
Thunderbolt(For initial install, as Thunderbolt can cause issues if not setup correctly)
Intel SGX
Intel Platform Trust
CFG Lock (MSR 0xE2 write protection)(This must be off, if you can't find the option then enable AppleXcpmCfgLock under Kernel -> Quirks. Your hack will not boot with CFG-Lock enabled)

Enable:
VT-x
Above 4G decoding
Hyper-Threading
Execute Disable Bit
EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode
DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 64MB or 128MB
SATA Mode: AHCI
I´ve been trying to match these settings even before the new EFI, but it seems I am missing a lot of them from my BIOS on this machine. Is there a chance a BIOS update might be helpful?

I´ve been trying to match these settings even before the new EFI, but it seems I am missing a lot of them from my BIOS on this machine. Is there a chance a BIOS update might be helpful?
There will be some that are not available

a bios update can sometimes help if there is one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back