Dell XPS 9700 4K (OpenCore)
CPU
i7-10875H
Graphics
UHD 630, 3840x2400
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello!

I am using RehabMan's battery patch for my razer blade: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/blob/master/battery/battery_Razer-Blade-2014.txt

OpenCore does not support the injection of pre-extracted DSDTs that have been user-patched. So I guess the patches need to be applied through search-replace. But how would you do such a complicated patch with only that low level method? I mean... It's just replacing, not aware of how the actual language works, so this is inefficient as hell... :(

Maybe the way to do this is to extract native dsdt, make a copy, patch, then look at the diff of both files. I could imagine that OpenCore implemented something better here, did they?

Would be amazing if someone could help me out here!

Small update: Difference of patches applied. The ALSD patch is just something I did by hand, I don't even know if it's still needed to do that, gonna find that out later. The Battery patch just still looks frightening to me, thinking about search-replace...

LEFT: Unpatched, RIGHT: Patched

Attachments

• ALSD_Diff.png
    ALSD_Diff.png
    235.7 KB · Views: 464
  • Battery_Diff.png
    Battery_Diff.png
    485.9 KB · Views: 442
@BlvckBytes I stumbled upon this thread while I was looking for something else. Just checking - I assume you've learned that OC does support user-patched DSDTs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back