i5-8400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have had a (mostly) working hack for a while now. I had most of the things I use daily working with no real issues. Took the plunge to upgrade from Mojave to Catalina and everything went smoothly. Recently, I switched from Clover to OpenCore and I'm loving it so far. Made some changes such as installing a DW1560 to get handoff and bluetooth working, along with some other things I never really used but decided to work on anyway. I've got almost everything working with the only exception being Apply TV.... I went through everything on the OpenCore desktop guide, admittedly I am in over my head with OpenCore but I'm having fun trying to learn as I go. While using Clover, I was able to get Apple TV working by adding shikigva=16. No such luck with OpenCore. I've tried 80 too, but still nothing. I've made sure that the device path to my dGPU is correct and showing under DeviceProperties > Add and the boot argument is there. I'm sure I am missing something simple but I just can't seem to get it right.
Anyone have any suggestions?

Attachments

• config.plist
    27 KB · Views: 276
Looks like I got it working. Not sure which fixed it, but I may have had my build identified wrong (was 17,1 changed to 19,1) and/or had shikigva=16 in the wrong place. The Fixing DRM page on the desktop guide shows it under the device path for dGPU under DeviceProperties > Add, but I also included it under NVRAM > Add > 7C4....... all working now.

Looks like I got it working. Not sure which fixed it, but I may have had my build identified wrong (was 17,1 changed to 19,1) and/or had shikigva=16 in the wrong place. The Fixing DRM page on the desktop guide shows it under the device path for dGPU under DeviceProperties > Add, but I also included it under NVRAM > Add > 7C4....... all working now.
Could you please share your config.plist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back