Contribute
Register

OpenCore: change logo/color of Apple boot screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA Z68XP-UD3
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
GT 210
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi!
I'm very near to switching from Clover to OpenCore, and at this point it's really small cosmetic issues that prevent me from doing it...
In Clover, I can easily turn the Apple boot screen to the following icon on black background in 10.9 if I like, so I'm wondering if it's at all possible with OpenCore?
From conversations I had in other threads, it looks that there's no way to filter out Custom Entries like Clover does, so ok, I can cope with that, but it would be nice if I could still customize Apple boot screen the way I like — at least changing the white dazzling background in 10.9... ;)

EDIT 2021/05/12: I've switched to OpenCore and my question is now quite meaningless as OpenCore 0.6.9 replaces the Apple boot screen with a totally black screen in 10.9, so it's not cute but at least I'm not blinded by the horrendous white screen that Apple had forced on us for decades. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• boot.png
    boot.png
    9 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
If I'm understanding you, your'e asking about custom themes on OC?
You can change OpenCore from a text interface to a GUI using Opencanopy, check here.

And you can apply custom themes to Opencanopy, too. This is mine currently.
18003548.png

You can also change the background color on the Apple OS loading screen by changing the value of NVRAM>ADD>4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14.
Mine is set to grey by changing that value to BFBFBF. As far as changing the logo on the loading screen, I'm not sure if that's possible in OC yet, but I could be wrong.....

There's a thread on another forum with tons of information on building custom themes, and the developers share what they've made. That's where I got this one.

If I'm understanding you, your'e asking about custom themes on OC?
You can change OpenCore from a text interface to a GUI using Opencanopy, check here.

And you can apply custom themes to Opencanopy, too. This is mine currently.
View attachment 518912
You can also change the background color on the Apple OS loading screen by changing the value of NVRAM>ADD>4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14.
Mine is set to grey by changing that value to BFBFBF. As far as changing the logo on the loading screen, I'm not sure if that's possible in OC yet, but I could be wrong.....

There's a thread on another forum with tons of information on building custom themes, and the developers share what they've made. That's where I got this one.
Thank you. I was asking about what happens after you've selected MacOS in the picker (or Opencanopy) and MacOS starts booting — normally a grey apple on a white/grey background for old OSes or a white apple on a black background now. In Clover, it was easy to change that. ;-)

Mind linking to the thread? Cheers!

I'm not sure if it's allowed to link to that site. But if you google "OpenCanopy Icons themes", it's one of the first ones.
Makes sense - thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back