i7-9750H
Graphics
UHD 630 + GTX 1650, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm transitioning from Clover to Opencore. I thought the process will be simpler but it turns out it isn't. I have created a bootable Catalina USB with Opencore but stuck at this error. I have attached my EFI and the verbose output. Anyone please provide some guidance please?

IMG_1310.jpg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 438
Hi.I'm having the same problem.Did you know how to fix it yet?

Got the same problem, on an HP ZBook. If I find any solutions, I'll let you guys know.

// Edit:

I tried removing the PS2 and I2C kexts, because I thought that an actuator might have something to do with it, now this was only my gut feeling. Then, the error has shifted to apple_apfs driver related stuff. So, whatever you change in your kext configuration, the error is just going to change it's face.

What I think is the issue here:
* EC not set up properly
* _OSI may need the XOSI reroute (_OSI to XOSI rename, then load SSDT-XOSI)

My EC seems to be usable as it is - but please check the dortania guide on how to patch EC. I just renamed EC0 to EC, since I think it'll do as it is and I don't need a fake one. After that, I did the whole _OSI business, and I can boot now, nice!

I hope this may help...

Last edited:
Got the same problem, on an HP ZBook. If I find any solutions, I'll let you guys know.

// Edit:

I tried removing the PS2 and I2C kexts, because I thought that an actuator might have something to do with it, now this was only my gut feeling. Then, the error has shifted to apple_apfs driver related stuff. So, whatever you change in your kext configuration, the error is just going to change it's face.

* EC not set up properly

My EC seems to be usable as it is - but please check the dortania guide on how to patch EC. I just renamed EC0 to EC, since I think it'll do as it is and I don't need a fake one. After that, I did the whole _OSI business, and I can boot now, nice!

I hope this may help...
Just tried to patch EC and XOSI but the error is the same

@dung124evaqweawrs

I think that this actually depends on a lot of factors, like your booter, uefi and kernel quirks.

But maybe you just implemented something the wrong way, thus please share your EFI/ folder and your vanilla DSDT, dumped with Clover f.e. Maybe I can help you, we should try at least.

I think i use the wrong gpu configuration.What one should i use?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 231
  • DSDT.aml
    248.5 KB · Views: 132
  • DSDT.dsl
    1.8 MB · Views: 132
@dung124evaqweawrs

I'mma try looking at it once I arrive back at home today. What do you mean by GPU configuration? Dedicated, Internal or Switchable? You should be able to choose anything that's not just nvidia. WhateverGreen should do the rest.

Or do you actually mean the IGPU framebuffer and platform-id properties?

I really don't know either.i posted my problem on facebook and someone told me that

// Edit:

* EC not set up properly

I hope this may help...

Thanks. I read the Dortania Guide for laptop. It transpired I don't need to change my EC as well and like you I just applied a patch to rename EC0 to EC. I also have _OSI to XOSI. Can you please check my EFI folder? It will b

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 538

Thanks! For me it was a hidden apfs_module_start issue as well.

I've double checked the things you mentioned, but the problem was with AWAC clock, see #8 here. Fixed by adding SSDT-AWAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back