Motherboard
hp
CPU
i3 2125
Graphics
gt 710
Classic Mac
  1. XL
Trying to install Big Sur with Clover without luck , I decided to see this OpenCore but it seems so complicated with this command line (I don't want to erase something) is there some kind of dmg/pkg Install creator similar to clover usb creator for OpenCore?

Trying to install Big Sur with Clover without luck , I decided to see this OpenCore but it seems so complicated with this command line (I don't want to erase something) is there some kind of dmg/pkg Install creator similar to clover usb creator for OpenCore?
command line?

it is basically a case of downloading OpenCore, copying the EFI folder to the EFI partition on the drive and then editing the config.plist to suit your system, you can use opencore configurator or PlistEditPro to edit your config.plist

It makes some sense now, I highly doubt if I create usb with EFI Partition and put the opencore /EFI inside of it will boot, clover creates some file "boot" but maybe I am thinking wrong that OpenCore is completely different boot loader

It makes some sense now, I highly doubt if I create usb with EFI Partition and put the opencore /EFI inside of it will boot, clover creates some file "boot" but maybe I am thinking wrong that OpenCore is completely different boot loader
you can test using a usb stick first though to make sure it boots :)

I decided to see this OpenCore but it seems so complicated with this command line
is there some kind of dmg/pkg Install creator similar to clover usb creator for OpenCore?

All you do is use the official Apple createinstallmedia method to put Big Sur on the USB. There's no way you can erase something important (other than what's on the USB) when you copy/paste that command. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372

The directions can't be any more straightforward. When you format the USB, just call it MyVolume. It is a sudo or super user command but is very safe to implement.

Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Big\ Sur.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume

After the USB is made try using PAVO's OC Gen X app. Creates your EFI folder for the OpenCore USB installer. Has a simple GUI that anyone can navigate.

After that you just copy/paste the EFI folder to the EFI partition of the USB. Just as @Feartech mentioned previously.

Last edited:
Ok. I've tried to copy paste the EFI from OpenCore X64 into freshly formatted and mounted USB EFI and it even doesn't show on the boot list , can anyone create backup to DMG of their boot EFI so I can "restore" it with "Disk Utility"?
Thanks in advance

I've tried to copy paste the EFI from OpenCore X64 into freshly formatted and mounted USB
It takes a lot more than that to create a bootable USB installer. Did you look at any OpenCore guide yet ? You could at least download the latest OC Gen-X app and attempt to create your own custom EFI folder.

Which HP desktop do you have ? All your hardware profile says is HP. Not enough info for anyone to assist you.

Here's the truly valuable advice at the start of the Dortania OC guide:

This guide specifically focuses on two main things:
  • Installing macOS on an X86-based PC
  • Teaching you what makes your Hack work
Because of this, you will be expected to read, learn and even use Google. This is not a simple one-click install setup.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply TRS, my PC is "HP 6200 PRO SFF" thanks to OC Gen my boot shows the "OpenCore" option from the menu , selecting it tho displays underline cursor (not even blinking) I guess my hardware is too old for this new tool , trying to boot with clover leads to "+++++++" line and then it stuck

my PC is "HP 6200 PRO SFF"
Those can only boot legacy and not UEFI if you want to install and use macOS. Are you booting legacy ?

when I press F9 it says "EFI Boot Sources:" I am running almost successfully Catalina (sometimes the boot screams about OSXAptioFixDrv" or something like that) no UEFI support unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back