Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H370M DS3H
CPU
Intel Core i5-8400
Graphics
Radeon RX 580
Hello guys,
sorry to bother u, but I can't find an answer to my problem anywhere.
So I have an OpenCore 0.6.3 that is working perfectly fine with Catalina (except that shutdown causes reboot). Im now trying to install macOS Big Sur to my computer to a new APFS container. After I load to usb installer, format drive and install it, I'm getting new boot option called Install macOS (or something like it). After choosing it, Im getting a boot logo with progress bar, after couple minutes it blinks, a cursor appears on a screen (boot logo and progress bar is still there) and then it reboots.
This is happening every time. When I have Catalina updates and have an Install macOS boot option for it, everything went fine btw.
When I'm trying to update my Catalina to Big Sur, the graphic installer works, it reboots, but I'm not even getting the Install macOS boot option.

Here is my OpenCore configuration, can u please help me with it?

Thanks a lot in advance

Attachments

• config.plist
    17.5 KB · Views: 177
I’m getting exactly the same thing! Opencore has served me well through so many updates but 0.6.3 is not working for me. I’m on Haswell.

@strimban - Had a quick look at your config.plist and quite frankly it's a mess, you need to reed OC Guide to understand exactly the requirements. Don't just add kexts, files or make deletions you don't understand.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-18 at 22.31.12.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-18 at 22.31.12.png
    166.2 KB · Views: 1,448
  • Screenshot 2020-11-18 at 22.33.20.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-18 at 22.33.20.png
    218.7 KB · Views: 1,429
@strimban - Had a quick look at your config.plist and quite frankly it's a mess, you need to reed OC Guide to understand exactly the requirements. Don't just add kexts, files or make deletions you don't understand.
thx, I just paid some guy to make this, if u say its garbage, maybe we can arrange something?

I’m getting exactly the same thing! Opencore has served me well through so many updates but 0.6.3 is not working for me. I’m on Haswell.
Hi - When you updated to 0.6.3 did you by any chance use OC Configurator? Because updating should have been easy. That app has a tendency to add unwanted data if you don't carefully check the final file before committing to your EFI Folder.

@strimban - I just searched here on T/M and found this for you. Copy this EFI Folder to the EFI partition of a spare USB Drive and boot off it to see if it will boot your system, if it does then copy it to the EFI Partition of you main Drive. Please don't let that person near your machine again because all he is doing is selling you a dream and may end up doing more harm than good.

Attachments

• EFI.zip(GA H370M).zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 248
@strimban - I just searched here on T/M and found this for you. Copy this EFI Folder to the EFI partition of a spare USB Drive and boot off it to see if it will boot your system, if it does then copy it to the EFI Partition of you main Drive. Please don't let that person near your machine again because all he is doing is selling you a dream and may end up doing more harm than good.
Hi, thanks a lot for help, unfortunately I wasn't able to boot anything with this config, but I cleaned my config, so now its actually working much faster, here it is.

Unfortunately I still can't install Big Sur, but I was able to make some photos.

So the first one, is just on this config I attached,1.PNG
second one, I tried to add vsmcgen=1 boot argument. (im using original apple Broadcom card)
2.PNG

Please help

Attachments

• config.plist
    13.7 KB · Views: 124
So this is exactly what my machine is currently doing when I try and boot Big Sur Installer after the first reboot. Only I have followed the Dortania guide word for word, have a complete set of custom SSDT patches for my machine and a properly configured config.plist - -everything is working flawlessly in Catalina with the exception of NVRAM - I have an SSDT for it and the device shows up in IoregExplorer but otherwise doesn't seem to hold values.

I get the same loop at the same point as the OP very similar debug/verbose output prior to the reboot too.

Im suspecting NVRAM as the culprit possibly to do with secure boot - perhaps with a cleaned up install and a properly configured EFI @strimban might get up and running ok. For me, I think I need to work on fixing or emulating NVRAM correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back