Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi guys. For the first time I have run out of ideas and keep repeating the same steps. So i need help to get through this.

I have a MSI X299 Carbon Gaming Pro AC motherboard,i7-7820x SkylakeX cpu, Radeon Vega 64 and 64gb DDR4 ram.

I can´t boot into my OSX Catalina with Opencore Efi. I have tried following the Vanilla Guide but without success, i always get stuck midway in the booting process. I attach my config file and a screenshot of the bootscreen and efi tree.

hope some advice will solve my issue.

Attachments

• config.plist
    17.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot 2020-03-19 22.31.05.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-19 22.31.05.png
    305.6 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_9206.jpg
    IMG_9206.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 180
Either delete to SSDT-EC.aml or the SSDT-EC-USBX.aml - you cannot have both.
Until you have everything up and running you might also set Kernel>Quirks>DummyPowerManagement=Yes so there are no issues with power management to get in the way of troubleshooting.
Once you have everything working, try switch back to =False and reboot. If it KPs on you then you know it is a power management issue.

Hi "Going Bald". I have tried with and without the "dual" EC SSDT. I was not sure if they where somehow in conjunction and needed each other.
I have also tried with DummyPowerManagement and without. But it does not get me any further. I have tried countless combinations to say the least.

There is a slight changed behaviour. I tought that all was frozen when the verbose mode froze, but if i wait for a minute or so, the screen goes black and then grey. But thats it, there is no change from this point.

There is a slight changed behaviour. I tought that all was frozen when the verbose mode froze, but if i wait for a minute or so, the screen goes black and then grey. But thats it, there is no change from this point.
Did you remove the kext AND the entry in OC that goes with it?
Most likely you have a problem with the graphics card initialization. Can you get a pic of the verbose just before the screen goes black?

Yes I removed both parts :)
Here is the bootscreen i have now along with my current files.

Attachments

• IMG_9207D (1).jpeg
    IMG_9207D (1).jpeg
    301 KB · Views: 121
  • Screenshot 2020-03-20 20.44.25.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-20 20.44.25.png
    374.6 KB · Views: 120
  • config.plist
    17.9 KB · Views: 71
Successfully managed to get back into my system. It was a bumpy road and for someone like me that has experience with tinkering but little "pro" knowledge when it comes to computer programming, it was a uphill battle. I ended up ditching my attempts with OC and went back to the latest Clover build i had stored. After all i am more familier with it then OC.
Now i just needed to figure out what was keeping me out. At first attempt i only got +++++++ symbols upon boot. So i went through all my acpi, drivers and kext and tried to combine the ones that i thought would work for my system. So far so good, i managed to begin the boot but my verbose always froze somewhere around PCI configuration.
So i figured that my Config file was not set up for my CPU type so i started investating what was needed there. Luckily i stumbled upon a huge guide on X299/skylake-x setup made by @kgp (I owe this guy a huge beer), and found a CP>PR code snipped for my i7-7820X cpu. I pasted that into my Config.plist file and BINGO!
Everything booted up just like before!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-03-22 01.37.09.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-22 01.37.09.png
    135.7 KB · Views: 97
Runi
Can I get some help from you? I've been struggling to get an asus x299 build booting. I am about to give up on clover and try open core but it sounds like your experience might pull me back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back