Contribute
Register

Opencore become the first boot option in bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z170 PRO
CPU
I7 << need full model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
before posting i tried to search on a solution, but i did not manage to.
If this has been already answered in antoher post .. i don't ask you to send me the link (anyway it would be appreciated), but at least give some recommendation on how to search :)
I use a third party boot loader (i don't think i can name it, if i can, pls tell me so i can be more specific)
On disk 1 i have third party boot loader, with 2 different windows 10 installation
on disk 2 i have Opencore 0.6.3 booting in Big sur
on the third party boot loader i added an entry for Open core efi so i can boot directly on OC and then big sur.

Everything works well, except for one thing... after i choose to boot in clover (and so in Big sur), when i reboot pc,
The first boot option in bios become Opencore, and no more the disk1 efi.

No matter if i change the order and save bios serttings, the default boot option remain disk 1 while i boot on windows, as soon as i boot on Opencore, open core become again the first boot option.

Is there any setting for it in config.plist ?
Should i post ?

My MB is ASUS TUF Z390-PLUS Gaming

Thanks in advance
Fabrizio

after i choose to boot in clover (and so in Big sur), when i reboot pc,
The first boot option in bios become Opencore, and no more the disk1 efi.

I assume you mean OpenCore based on the rest of your post. Mount your EFI partition and open your config.plist then check the "Misc - Security - BootProtect" setting. If it's set to Bootstrap you can change it to "None" to prevent OpenCore from changing the UEFI boot options. When doing that the "UEFI - Quirks - RequestBootVarRouting" setting should also be disabled (set to NO) based on the Configuration.pdf provided with the OpenCore documentation.

Last edited:
I assume you mean OpenCore based on the rest of your post. Mount your EFI partition and open your config.plist then check the "Misc - Security - BootProtect" setting. If it's set to Bootstrap you can change it to "None" to prevent OpenCore from changing the UEFI boot options.
Hi jpz4085. That setting option must have changed, see most recent OC Configurator:

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-12 um 21.31.59.jpg

Even when I open config.plist in an editor, I can neither find BootProtect nor Bootstrap when I search for these terms.

Any idea where this setting went, or if it's depreciated now?

[EDIT]: ah, found it for OC 0.6.6+: Misc -> Boot -> LauncherOption: disabled, see Using LauncherOption | OpenCore Post-Install

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-12 um 21.45.15.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back