Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OpenCore battery patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kvmKillerman

I now greatly simplified your setup, please test it once again and see if it still works as it did before. I *think* brightness should be back. Regarding the clicking: You mean your trackpad doesn't work on some boots? You load a lot of PS2 / I2C stuff, I can offer you to look into that next.
Thank you so much, seems like that everything works! Havent tested the imessage or facetime yet but i personally dont see much need to change anything because all works and it boots pretty fast. Do you see anything that might be problematic in the future, should i post my verbose boot?

@kvmKillerman

Awesome! Happy to hear that. You stated in the past that you got facetime and imessage working with your generated serial and such, after we're done here I would just put that back in, since it has no effect on the functionality, feel free to do so.

Only thing I think is problematic is the fact that your trackpad doesn't work 100% of the time. I'd like to fix that, tbh.

@kvmKillerman

Awesome! Happy to hear that. You stated in the past that you got facetime and imessage working with your generated serial and such, after we're done here I would just put that back in, since it has no effect on the functionality, feel free to do so.

Only thing I think is problematic is the fact that your trackpad doesn't work 100% of the time. I'd like to fix that, tbh.
Everything seems to work now, including facetime and imessage. I would rather not make any changes now since everything seems to work with no issues, so is it okay that i just message if i see something that doesnt work?

Huge thanks to you for all your help!!

@kvmKillerman

Sure thing, it's your machine! :). Just hit me up if you encounter any further issues. No problem, btw, I always love to help.

Hello BlvckBytes,I'm running Monterey on my Laptop
Hardware Specification:
CPU: Intel Core i3 10110U
Memory: LPDDR3
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 620
Ports: 1xDC 2xUSB3.0 1xType-C 1xHDMI 1x3.5mm
Now the battery indicator and power supply status are not working, battery percentage always stuck at 1%
When checking hackintool , I found these errors:
ACPI Error: No handler for region [ECF2]
ACPI Error: Region EmbeddedControl (ID=3) has no handler
ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed [\__SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC.BAT0._STA]
Can you help me?Thanks...
Following are my EFI and DSDT

Attachments

• acpi_dsdt.dsl
    1.9 MB · Views: 43
  • EFI-SSD.zip
    32 MB · Views: 58
@tingyichen

Have you already had a look at ECEnabler.kext, did that not work in your case?

@BlvckBytes
I already have ECEnabler, it doesn't work
Also, I tried split EC fields bigger than 1byte into multiple fields, still same result

@tingyichen

And you've tried to only load this kext, without any acpi manipulation regarding Battery/EC? If so, I'll look into your files.

@tingyichen

Just to make absolutely sure, please try the attached version of your EFI folder. If that still yields the same result, I guess you need a custom battery patch - for whatever reason. This will take some time.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    32.1 MB · Views: 76
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back