Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OpenCore battery patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry forgot to say am using OpenCore ,thanks
no worries, the hotpatch files should still work along with config.plist renames

no worries, the hotpatch files should still work along with config.plist renames
Did renames and noticed ITLB to ITL1 is the one causing firmware errors, when I deactivate it battery indicator stops working....don't what to change to remove errors

Did renames and noticed ITLB to ITL1 is the one causing firmware errors, when I deactivate it battery indicator stops working....don't what to change to remove errors
does your battery work ok with the renames?

Attachments

• SSDT-BATT.aml.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 52
@DaveJ1

Okay, this is weird... I mean, it's nice that the cycles are correct now, but this whole dependency on whether or not the plug is active or not kinda weirds me out.

Already getting pretty late over here, I need to go to bed soon. Will continue on this with you tomorrow, okay?
Hi BlvckBytes!

Any progress?

I'm also having a bizarre battery issue that I believe is ACPI related but have no idea how to get past it. Currently with my setup, quick polling never is enabled. (Not with ACPIBatteryManager nor SMCBatteryManager)
I'm still troubleshooting things for the moment, but I'd love to pick your brain @BlvckBytes.

Hello, guys!

// Comment:

If you need any help, just post your native DSDT along with an existing rehabman patch, if it exists. Otherwise, I'll try to patch it from scratch. If you want me to implement it properly, post your EFI folder aswell.

I will help as many people as possible!

My solution was: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/opencore-battery-patch.295289/post-2101803

I am working on getting my laptop up and running with OpenCore, switching from clover right now... What works: Audio, USB, USBC (Data + External Monitors), Trackpad, Touchscreen, WiFi & BT. What doesn't: My DAMN battery indicator...

// Note: DO NOT follow this immense amount of GARBAGE I did below, it will only screw your system up. Scroll down further, I have this solved, use the other approach instead. (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/opencore-battery-patch.295289/post-2101803)

This patch works 100% for my laptop (with clover, patching DSDT): https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/blob/master/battery/battery_Razer-Blade-2014.txt

I tried my BEST to get this working in OpenCore. What I came up with (step by step, so you get my train of thought right now):
* Renamed eisaID PNP0C0A to PNP0C99 (to disable DSDT BAT0 hooking from SMCBattery)
* Renamed Device BAT0 to BATX (to don't have overlapping names in same scope)
* Renamed eisaID PNP0C0D to PNP0C98 (to disable DSDT LID0 hooking from SMCBattery)
* Renamed Device LID0 to LIDX (to don't have overlapping names in same scope)
* Renamed eisaID PNP0C09 to PNP0C00 (to disable DSDT EC0 hooking from AppleACPIEC)

Then, I re-defined those devices in SSDTs. The SSDT-EC contains EC, LID0 and BAT0, copied from the Clover DSDT which got patched with the above patch from RehabMan. I added the External lines, which should point to the correct resources in main DSDT, at least I hope I did it correctly.

Now - what's the outcome? I actually got a battery indicator! And it goes down! But - it just does not go up or show the charging bolt symbol, so it's partially corruped. I have no further ideas, since my knowledge is very limited in the ASL language.

Attached: My OC EFI, my IOREG and my origin from clover - already run through iasl decompile.

Please - if someone has any ideas - help me out here, I would be so happy if open core would finally be complete - I'm pretty close! :)
Thank you lots!
Hello i need help with this, i cant add my dsdt to my efi bc it will cause an error at boot. I have prebuilt efi for my Elitebook 850 g3.

@kvmKillerman

Have you tried ECEnabler.kext? Google it up real quick, it substitutes all field-splitting related patches, so disable them when loading the kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back