Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OpenCore battery patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, good to see some testers here

could you test his patched DSDT and the patched DSDT I'll include in attachment and report back ?

Edit: A little reminder, don't use any of my previous renaming patches or SSDT-BAT with the patched DSDT

Hello, I tested the SSDT-BAT and the DSDT patched and got a kernel panic.

I also tried another DSDT patched for clover that I used with MacOS Catalina and the battery works.

I am attaching DSDT files.

Thanks.

Attachments

• DSDT patched clover.aml
    81.1 KB · Views: 34
  • DSDT_orig.aml
    79.5 KB · Views: 39
Hello, I tested the SSDT-BAT and the DSDT patched and got a kernel panic.

I also tried another DSDT patched for clover that I used with MacOS Catalina and the battery works.

I am attaching DSDT files.

Thanks.
Try the new SSDT below (there is new renaming patch don't forget to add it)

also if you get kernel panic then attach a screenshot of it

Make sure you don't have patched DSDT in your ACPI folder, also make sure to add the new renaming patches and SSDT-BAT

Attachments

• Asus N750JK - Battery Patch.zip
    6.4 KB · Views: 48
Try the new SSDT below (there is new renaming patch don't forget to add it)

also if you get kernel panic then attach a screenshot of it

Make sure you don't have patched DSDT in your ACPI folder, also make sure to add the new renaming patches and SSDT-BAT

I tested the new SSDT and got the following kernel panic:

Attachments

• IMG_20210106_203753.jpg
    IMG_20210106_203753.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 43
I tested the new SSDT and got the following kernel panic:
That’s probably a problem with renaming patch, can you record a little video showing the booting process (better to focus on the text so it can be readable )

That’s probably a problem with renaming patch, can you record a little video showing the booting process (better to focus on the text so it can be readable )

This is the boot video:

This is the boot video:
Ok so I made some changes, give it a try (delete all old battery stuff and copy the new patch)
if you get a kernel panic a video like the one you uploaded would be helpful

Attachments

• Asus N750JK - Battery Patch.zip
    7 KB · Views: 38
Ok so I made some changes, give it a try (delete all old battery stuff and copy the new patch)
if you get a kernel panic a video like the one you uploaded would be helpful
I tried the new SSDT-BAT and the operating system boots but does not detect the battery:

I am attaching debug opencore 0.65

Thank you for your time and help

Attachments

• opencore-2021-01-08-005040.txt
    256 KB · Views: 67
Hey there!
After switching from Clover to OC and upgrading to Big Sur and with the intention to hold my EFI clean I stumbled over this thread to create a better battery SSDT than before as i just patched and used the full blown one. Apparently this process is harder than i thought and if someone could take a look at this I would be very happy.

I attached a patch which had worked flawlessly for me and of course my DSDT.
@moh.96 Hey could you take a look at this?
Thanks in advance

Hi guys! I'm relatively new to the Hackintosh scene but even newer when it comes to modifying things in the DSDT/SSDT. I tried to create my own patch but failed, it really didn't do an effect. Anyone out there to help me? Thanks in advance!

It's an LG Gram 15Z980 on Big Sur 11.1

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    163.3 KB · Views: 44
  • EFI.zip
    30 MB · Views: 53
Since my HP Battery is reporting real Cycle Count i basically inserted a new method "_BIX" with some of the values from "BTIF". I found the solution here:
Hi pizzaboy75, I was wondering if I might ask you for a helping hand because we have the same laptop and I am stuck getting camera/mic, sound AND - of course - battery read-outs working. I would like to learn how to pull that off myself. Can you teach me/hint at sources? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back