Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OpenCore battery patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
@vega1828

I don't think that we need to rename that field, since it's never used (the mehods that did have been renamed and re-implemented). And writing/reading happens with the ec helper methods.

I'll check on that again today, tho.

Man, it's awfully nice that you take the time off your day to help here, I've been lurking this thread for a while, trying to figure this out so I don't have to bother you, I understand regex and a bit of programming but in combination with having no idea if the problem could be coming from kexts and load order this constant rebooting for testing is just so mind numbing.

I managed to get the trackpad detected and battery percentage to show up in the menu bar but it's stuck in 100%, disabling and re-enabling in preferences doesn't fix it, some times it shows it charging, sometimes doesn't. Can you help me?

dsdt in acpi folder but it's disabled in config.plist.

Link to spec except instead of a hard drive it's a ssd

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 50
@IkeaRecliner

Thank you for giving me props like that, I really appreciate it! :)

I will continue helping whenever I can, since I want as many people as possible to have a good hackintosh experience. It also helps me out mentally to help others, but thats a whole other story.

Soo... Was there already a rehabman patch for your device? And also, what machine are you working on there?

I'm omw home, I will try to help you soon. @revans is already in the queue, after that I will get to your issues. Since I can stay up a bit longer today, I think I'll fit both requests :).

@IkeaRecliner

Thank you for giving me props like that, I really appreciate it! :)

I will continue helping whenever I can, since I want as many people as possible to have a good hackintosh experience. It also helps me out mentally to help others, but thats a whole other story.

Soo... Was there already a rehabman patch for your device? And also, what machine are you working on there?

I'm omw home, I will try to help you soon. @revans is already in the queue, after that I will get to your issues. Since I can stay up a bit longer today, I think I'll fit both requests :).

Alright, thanks, man.

@revans

Please try out this EFI, but back up your previous version! Yours was actually quite some work, :D. You had trackpad-patches in there aswell, which is why I also created SSDT-TPD0 and SSDT-GPI0, besides SSDT-BATT. Also, a lot of methods needed renaming.

Hopefully I didn't screw up anywhere, otherwise just post an image of the verbose boot error screen.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6 MB · Views: 67
@IkeaRecliner

Just to make sure, the DSDT that's in your ACPI folder is the original - untouched, right? BTW, I searched for your laptop, and it's really unknown. Which means that there are no existing patches for it (at least I was unable to find anything). So I'll have to write something up from scratch, which will take a bit.

Sadly, I can't finish this today. But I will send you my results tomorrow! :)

@IkeaRecliner

Your patch was actually pretty easy to do, but that doesn't mean that it works, LOL. Please test it for me, but keep a backup of the old EFI!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.6 MB · Views: 62
@IkeaRecliner

Just to make sure, the DSDT that's in your ACPI folder is the original - untouched, right? BTW, I searched for your laptop, and it's really unknown. Which means that there are no existing patches for it (at least I was unable to find anything). So I'll have to write something up from scratch, which will take a bit.

Sadly, I can't finish this today. But I will send you my results tomorrow! :)

The DSDT is vanilla from windows 10 2004 in the same machine.

It's still stuck at 100% but now it detects the charger reliably.

@IkeaRecliner

What do you mean by Windows 10 2004? The DSDT should be the same accross all operating systems. Could you try to dump it with clover?

Okay, thank you for the quick response! I will try to search for issues regarding the percentage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back