Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OpenCore battery patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
@vettz500

As far as I could tell, you applied the renames from my garbage post (where I was just starting out learning about this), but those are the wrong ones. You need the renames for _BIF and _BST. I now made a Note on my post with those wrong renames - to not use them. I hope this helps for others to understand.

I've applied the right renames on your config, could you please download and replace it on your system? Then have a quick reboot and tell me whether or not it's still missing.

Attachments

• config.plist
    22.5 KB · Views: 220
@vettz500

As far as I could tell, you applied the renames from my garbage post (where I was just starting out learning about this), but those are the wrong ones. You need the renames for _BIF and _BST. I now made a Note on my post with those wrong renames - to not use them. I hope this helps for others to understand.

I've applied the right renames on your config, could you please download and replace it on your system? Then have a quick reboot and tell me whether or not it's still missing.
That was it!

Thank you so much! Especially for doing it so quickly. I guess I looked over your corrected config.plist

@vettz500

I'm happy to help at any time! :) Since we have the same laptop, don't hesitate to ask if you've got any issues. I'm still very new to OC, but I try to learn everything from ground up now. I've been using pre-made solutions waay to long.

Next problem I need to face is proper USB implementation. It's easy to get them to show up, but proper power management is a whole different story...

@vettz500

I'm happy to help at any time! :) Since we have the same laptop, don't hesitate to ask if you've got any issues. I'm still very new to OC, but I try to learn everything from ground up now. I've been using pre-made solutions waay to long.

Next problem I need to face is proper USB implementation. It's easy to get them to show up, but proper power management is a whole different story...
I appreciate it!

I'm just diving into OC today. I've had OSX running on this laptop for well over a year now with Clover. But with all the extra time I have now, I decided to dive into OC and see what's up lol

@vettz500

That's a very good idea, same with me :). In my opinion OC is more reliable, futureproof and has a much cleaner and thoughtful codebase. I mean - they got my native NVRAM working, that's a big advantage. Also, it forces me to dive deep into hackintoshing concepts, not just copy and paste stuff. I really aim to make this laptop run Catalina perfectly on OC. But it's still a long journey - for sure.

@vettz500

You should be able to properly configure the USB ports the same way we did in Clover with the SSDT-UIAC-ALL. I have it implemented that same way and it seems to be working properly

@vettz500

But SSDT-UIAC-ALL is just a template - not a perfect solution. I just started looking into the whole USB business, before that I used the files from a guide, so I still have to understand how it works.

AFAIK - the SSDT-UIAC specifies the ports that USBInjectAll.kext will inject into the system. The SSDT is just another way to specify this information, the Info.plist inside the kext could also be altered.

I will try to use the SSDT, remove unneeded sections from it - and make it fit my system. Then, I will try to see if power works. Do you have something around to charge? An iPad is ideal, but your phone should also work. I just have an USB C to C for my Note 10+ here, so it's hard to check type A ports.

@vettz500

But SSDT-UIAC-ALL is just a template - not a perfect solution. I just started looking into the whole USB business, before that I used the files from a guide, so I still have to understand how it works.

AFAIK - the SSDT-UIAC specifies the ports that USBInjectAll.kext will inject into the system. The SSDT is just another way to specify this information, the Info.plist inside the kext could also be altered.

I will try to use the SSDT, remove unneeded sections from it - and make it fit my system. Then, I will try to see if power works. Do you have something around to charge? An iPad is ideal, but your phone should also work. I just have an USB C to C for my Note 10+ here, so it's hard to check type A ports.

All of my USB ports work properly with the SSDT-UIAC-ALL edited to my system. The USB-C port works great on my Pixel 3XL, charges it at it's full fast charging rate and I can transfer data to and from with AFT.

Just plugged in my iPad Mini 4 into an A type port, it charges and shows up in iTunes and Finder

@vettz500

Ok, thank you very much for getting me thinking about that! I will adjust it based on my system now, and then test my ports.

@vettz500

Sadly, this is still not working for me. I attached the SSDT I came up with (after eliminating all unused regions and ports), but USBInjectAll.kext still ignores it... I also attached a screenshot of my IOREG XHC section, could you also post yours? Just out of interest, I'd like to know if your ports get listed properly.

Thank you :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-04-14 at 03.03.48.png
    Screenshot 2020-04-14 at 03.03.48.png
    640.4 KB · Views: 145
  • SSDT-UIAC.aml
    504 bytes · Views: 86
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back