Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OpenCore battery patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
you already have a battery patch in your SSDT along with your config,plist renames, you should need ECEnabler.kext

also XhciPortLimit should be disabled

not sure you need this:
agdpmod=vit9696

you probably only need:
HfsPlus.efi
OpenRuntime.efi
in your Drivers section in your config.plist

what mac model are you using? assuming MacBookPro13,1?
@kvmKillerman

To be honest, I think you should just generate a "trashable" PlatformInfo, and then keep it in there, so that we can edit and you just boot the EFI directly. This seems very cumbersome...

SystemProfilerMemoryFixup.kext could also easily be achieved through a PlatformInfo value called "SystemMemoryStatus", set it to "Upgradable". The less kexts the better.

I could try and help to get your battery working, but not if you always play this "section removed" game, and I can't fully adjust all settings. Like, come on, those random generated values have next to no meaning whatsoever.

I have to make some changes to my kexts folder, because after the last change my touchpad wouldnt work correctly. I Cleared the drivers section and also cleared tools section so my booter looks cleaner now.
Im using MacBookPro13,3.

How do i disable XhciPortLimit? And what is agdpmod=vit9696 ?

After that i did what BlcvkBytes asked, i created disposable values for my platforminfo so i can now share that plist with no extra steps. I were causious because this is the first build that i got facetime and imessage working so i dont want to ruin my changes in future to use those.

So i just delete SystemProfilerMemoryFixup.kext and change the value in plist? What does it achieve? I mean like this mac is very fast and i only have those issues with battery percentage and brightness slider so.

Also sorry for late response, my grandpa passed away yesterday...

The efi is in the attachments.

Attachments

• EFI 2.zip
    31 MB · Views: 50
I have to make some changes to my kexts folder, because after the last change my touchpad wouldnt work correctly. I Cleared the drivers section and also cleared tools section so my booter looks cleaner now.
Im using MacBookPro13,3.

How do i disable XhciPortLimit? And what is agdpmod=vit9696 ?

After that i did what BlcvkBytes asked, i created disposable values for my platforminfo so i can now share that plist with no extra steps. I were causious because this is the first build that i got facetime and imessage working so i dont want to ruin my changes in future to use those.

So i just delete SystemProfilerMemoryFixup.kext and change the value in plist? What does it achieve? I mean like this mac is very fast and i only have those issues with battery percentage and brightness slider so.

Also sorry for late response, my grandpa passed away yesterday...

The efi is in the attachments.
use MacBookPro13,1

edit config.plist to disable XhciPortLimit and remove agdpmod=vit9696 from your boot arguments

(sorry to hear about your loss....)

use MacBookPro13,1

edit config.plist to disable XhciPortLimit and remove agdpmod=vit9696 from your boot arguments

(sorry to hear about your loss....)
Thank you.

I did those, so whats the next step?

Attachments

• EFI 2.zip
    31 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I copied AppleBacklightFixup.kext and SSDT-PNLF.aml from this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...applebacklightfixup-kext.218222/#post-1468440 and got brightness slider working so right now only thing that needs fixing is my battery indicator because it shows 0% and wont even show if its charging or not.

I guess i need some patching to be done with my ssdts and after that cleaning up kext/plist from stuff that maybe slows down or messesup my experience?

@kvmKillerman

Dang, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss too, sincerest condolences!

Awesome that you've managed to fix brightness, please upload your current EFI once again, with all of that done, so that I can try and help you with battery-related fixes.

I think we need to get rid of that one big SSDT that's specific to your model, which tries to do way too much in one file. All those EC-related method patches need to go, since that's exactly what ECEnabler.kext is for. I can try pulling all of that out for you, if you send the latest version.

@kvmKillerman

Dang, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss too, sincerest condolences!

Awesome that you've managed to fix brightness, please upload your current EFI once again, with all of that done, so that I can try and help you with battery-related fixes.

I think we need to get rid of that one big SSDT that's specific to your model, which tries to do way too much in one file. All those EC-related method patches need to go, since that's exactly what ECEnabler.kext is for. I can try pulling all of that out for you, if you send the latest version.
Thank you for your support and also huge thanks for all of the help.

latest EFI is in the attachments.

I guess there is also some kexts that could need cleanup, but i would like to start with the battery so after that it probably is easier to cut out things that my efi doesn't need?

I need help especially with the ssdts because that kind of programming language is all greek to me :D

EDIT:
This time i booted the brightness slider did not work but the fn key combination works still so i dont mind much about that. Propably something wrong with kexts or that ssdt.

Attachments

• EFI 2.zip
    31 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:
@kvmKillerman

Exactly, I would also first of all try to get the battery working, until we clean up other areas. BTW, prepare to loose some functionality while battery is being worked on, only goal now is to get a percentage displayed, everything else will come back later on.

If it doesn't boot, please attach an image of the last output form verbose boot.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    31 MB · Views: 53
@kvmKillerman

Exactly, I would also first of all try to get the battery working, until we clean up other areas. BTW, prepare to loose some functionality while battery is being worked on, only goal now is to get a percentage displayed, everything else will come back later on.

If it doesn't boot, please attach an image of the last output form verbose boot.
Wow, finally i can see my battery percentage and if its charging or not. At first boot i couldnt type or click but that happens sometimes, i booted again and now i get to log in. Everything else seems to work except i lost functionality to change brightness so the slider and fn is unusable. Audio fn keys work just fine :) Ima head to bed now bc its 1:43 am in finland so brb.

@kvmKillerman

Great, I will continue to help you tomorrow, since it's 0:45 here in austria already too, and I desperately need sleep, :p. Till soon!

@kvmKillerman

I now greatly simplified your setup, please test it once again and see if it still works as it did before. I *think* brightness should be back. Regarding the clicking: You mean your trackpad doesn't work on some boots? You load a lot of PS2 / I2C stuff, I can offer you to look into that next.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    31 MB · Views: 81
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back