Contribute
Register

OpenCore ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 4790K RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
test your nvram in catalina and see if it persists through reboots
no it doesnt seem to persist through reboots

UPDATE:
reflashed bios but it didn't help then redownloaded big sur and these 2 together did the trick and now its successfully updated thank you!!

Last edited:
Can i use ASUS SUITE II to do a bios flash on the desktop?

I use a HDMI to 43" TV and it acts weird. Sometimes I'll get a black screen waking from sleep and if I wait a bit and press the power button again it'll come on. I think if I turn my TV on first and the wake the computer there's no problem. Not sure that helps you though.

What monitor are you using and what connection/cable? Your board didn't have a problem with instant wake? I had to use SSDT-GPRW and patch to stop it and I can only wake my PC by using the power button.
I'm using dual 22" Dell Monitors, one is HDMI and the other is DVI. I've scoured the Dortonia guide and tried every fix I could find with no success. Tried USBInstantWake.kext, using the SSDT-GPRW and rename patch, and every darkwake boot arg. When I try to wake by USB, nothing happens, but if I hit the power button it attempts to wake but ends in Black Screen.

I've even tried switching back to iMac15,1, and that at least tries to wake by USB but I only get black screen after it acts like it wakes. :banghead:

I'm using dual 22" Dell Monitors, one is HDMI and the other is DVI. I've scoured the Dortonia guide and tried every fix I could find with no success. Tried USBInstantWake.kext, using the SSDT-GPRW and rename patch, and every darkwake boot arg. When I try to wake by USB, nothing happens, but if I hit the power button it attempts to wake but ends in Black Screen.

I've even tried switching back to iMac15,1, and that at least tries to wake by USB but I only get black screen after it acts like it wakes. :banghead:
I would not use the USBInstantWake.kext

Some shots in the dark if you wanna try...
When it's black screen can you hear your sound effects? The computer is still working just without display?
Try with a single monitor HDMI and try all the ports.
Try unplugging the monitor's HDMI/dvi cable and back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back