Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,

My old account from around 2010 has been deleted, I had to make a new one.

I am having a problem installing Big Sur on my desktop. This is on my machine which ran Catalina Opencore perfectly fine for a couple of years, until I upgraded my GPU from a 5700XT to a 6800XT. This is the reason I want to install Big Sur.

The Big Sur installation started normally so I formatted my SSD and started the installation. The first phase went fine until the system rebooted and continued to the 2nd phase with the black screen with white Apple logo and countdown timer. It starts at 29 minutes remaining and when it gets to 27 minutes remaining my PC reboots and it starts this over again, starting at 29 minutes remaining and rebooting at 27 minutes remaining.

I have followed the Opencore guide meticulously and don't think I have skipped any steps or made a mistake, but maybe I did.

My specs:

• Gigabyte Z490 Vision D with newest BIOS
  • Intel Core i7-10700
  • 32GB G.Skill 3200MHz
  • Kingston NVMe SSD 500GB
  • AMD RX6800XT Midnight Black
  • Intel i219 and i225 NIC's
  • Realtek 1220 codec but not using because of external soundcard (Audient id44 which is not plugged in while installing)
  • No wifi or bluetooth card

Things I have tried:

Installing with 1 ram stick, I have read somewhere that anybody had bad ram and solved this problem. My ram is new and this didn't solve the problem.

Turning off TPM (PTT for gigabyte in BIOS)

No other peripherals or any USB devices connected, just my Apple Keyboard and MX Master mouse

Trying the installation a second time

I have set all BIOS settings according to Opencore guide, these settings also have always worked with my Catalina Opencore installation.

I hope someone see's something wrong in my EFI folder or anything else I am doing wrong.

Attachments

• EFI - Morris Kramer.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 122
I have followed the Opencore guide meticulously and don't think I have skipped any steps or made a mistake
The order that the kexts are listed is important, Lilu.kext should be first.

Screenshot 2021-12-11 at 08.38.25.png

Thank you for your message!

I have edited my config.plist and copied the 3rd kext to the first so now Lilu is 1st and CtlnaACHIPort is 3rd, I didn't find another way. I will try to install now!

Another question, I am trying to install 11.6.1. Do I need to map my USB ports?

There are guides available for hardware similar to your own.
Example :

Use the forum Search tool for more information.

Everything seems to be up and running, this guide really helped! Thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back