i7 3770
Graphics
GT 210
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi! I'm quite surprised how easy it was! :thumbup: But some really important things still don't work:
- keyboard and trackpad don't work at the picker and then when MacOS has booted
- USB works at the picker, I can plug a keyboard and choose any option available. But it no longer works when the OS has booted — so I have no other choice than force shutdown, for the time being...
I have tried first with OpenUsbKbDxe.efi, then disabling it and setting KeySupport=YES but no way. I have added USBInjectAll.kext but it doesn't change anything.

As network works, I'm able to login through Screen Sharing and take the screenshot below, that shows USB keyboard is not seen by the OS.
Any idea?

My laptop is the DELL Latitude E6320 - i7 2640M.

Here are my config.plist and the log.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2021-05-06 à 19.37.39.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2021-05-06 à 19.37.39.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 356
  • opencore-2021-05-06-172345.txt
    256 KB · Views: 561
  • config.plist
    27.2 KB · Views: 464
For the picker, you may try PS2KeyboardDxe and Ps2MouseDxe.efi (not sure if those are needed for DuetPkg or not). They should be included with the OC download

You shouldn't need the GFX0 to IGPU rename as whatevergreen/Lilu handle that already

I'm seeing no VoodooPS2 kext, you probably want VoodooPS2-Alps from the "Gathering files" page. You may need to run the Fix-HPET option in SSDTTime as well if that still doesn't work, since most older laptops generally need IRQ modifications. (Edit: This could explain USB not working as well)

For the picker, you may try PS2KeyboardDxe and Ps2MouseDxe.efi (not sure if those are needed for DuetPkg or not). They should be included with the OC download

You shouldn't need the GFX0 to IGPU rename as whatevergreen/Lilu handle that already

I'm seeing no VoodooPS2 kext, you probably want VoodooPS2-Alps from the "Gathering files" page. You may need to run the Fix-HPET option in SSDTTime as well if that still doesn't work, since most older laptops generally need IRQ modifications. (Edit: This could explain USB not working as well)
Thanks a lot for those suggestions! I'll try them! :thumbup:
Yes, the GFX0 to IGPU rename is just a remnant of former trials, I indeed added Whatevergreen afterwards and forgot to remove it. ;)

First round of trials:
- adding PS2KeyboardDxe and Ps2MouseDxe.efi didn't change anything.
- adding VoodooPS2Controller.kext neither. This remembered me that the last one working with Clover and MacOS 10.11 was Rehabman's version 1.8.3. So I tried also this one to no avail...
Will check the rest in the next days.

You should check my list from here > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...10-13-6-intel-vram-trackpad-fix-guide.308477/

A lot of laptops still use the Synaptics/Elan build, which is a nice and cheap method of allowing PS/2 legacy-type connection devices to be recognised for OS trackpad use.

Try these (together) for the trackpad and keyboard:

ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext
VoodooElan.kext
VoodooGPIO.kext
VoodooI2C.kext
VoodooI2CHID.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext

You should check my list from here > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...10-13-6-intel-vram-trackpad-fix-guide.308477/

A lot of laptops still use the Synaptics/Elan build, which is a nice and cheap method of allowing PS/2 legacy-type connection devices to be recognised for OS trackpad use.

Try these (together) for the trackpad and keyboard:

ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext
VoodooElan.kext
VoodooGPIO.kext
VoodooI2C.kext
VoodooI2CHID.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
This is a sandy-bridge device, so I doubt that it is I2C/SMBus capable (though I've seen SMBus as far back as Ivy working). Dell also likes to use Alps for their devices as well. Best way to figure out what kext to use is to figure out what trackpad is in there, rather than just throw a bunch of kexts at it. Admittedly, Alps was mostly an educated guess.

This is a sandy-bridge device, so I doubt that it is I2C/SMBus capable (though I've seen SMBus as far back as Ivy working). Dell also likes to use Alps for their devices as well. Best way to figure out what kext to use is to figure out what trackpad is in there, rather than just throw a bunch of kexts at it. Admittedly, Alps was mostly an educated guess.
I understand, and yes it's possible it may not work given their age. But those kexts put together were what enabled my laptop's keyboard and trackpad to finally work under High Sierra (and beyond), and took me quite a while to work out. Believe me when I say the research of the various kexts I found wasn't easy because it would work on one part but break functionality in another, because Voodoo only offered two or three kexts at the most and no guarantee of working. I did a lot of tests to get that working combo (and I've been building hacks since 2011).

Thank you both! :thumbup: I'll try every suggestions, as I can't really be sure what is in this laptop — from my web searches, it's very likely ALPS but it's not mentioned anywhere in the specs I've found.
In my working Clover (see https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-darkthing-2-dell-latitude-e6320-i7-2640m-2-8-ghz.253346/), I've got a DSDT.aml that I got from a dedicated thread for that machine, it might be that the magic is done in the DSDT but as I understand it, it's not usable in OC.
Thanks again!

Thanks to @miliuco, I've found that disabling OpenUsbKbDxe (although recommended by Dortania's guide for Legacy...), enabling KeySupport instead and setting KeySupportMode=V1 or V2, the keyboard works at the picker. PS2KeyboardDxe is required too.

But still no keyboard and no USB after boot.
As I mentioned above, USB patching is done in Clover by that DSDT, is there any way to recover that information and kinda translate it to SSDT?

Last edited:
Hurray! It works! Starting over from the 0.6.9 Sample.plist PLUS ProperTree's Clean Snapshot PLUS various settings picked up here and there PLUS some experiments of mine finally made it work.
So it appears it was a mix of things that provoked that issue, hard to tell if it was the order of some drivers/kexts, etc.
For the time being, 10.11 works quite ok (still have to fix sound), but 10.9 gives a "050F4T error unsupported platform" and 10.6 nearly boots (with a scrambled display) but I already know some other settings are needed for it.

All I can say for sure is that the following are needed:
- enabling KeySupport and setting KeySupportMode=V1 or V2
- drivers: PS2KeyboardDxe.efi and Ps2MouseDxe.efi
- USBInjectAll.kext and the renames EHCI> EH01 and EHC2>EH02 (yes you read well, it's not EHC1 but EHCI!!!)
- ReleaseUsbOwnership=true (this one may be the "original sin" — although at a certain point I've set it to true but it wasn't enough — I think I missed it as it was false for my Desktop build...)
Still things to work out before replacing Clover, but I'm on a good path. :headbang:

EDIT: I forgot to mention the VoodooPS2Controller.kext for the touchpad to work, currently v1.8.3 as it was the last one working properly in MacOS 10.11 with Clover r5106 — but strangely v1.8.8 was working with 10.9 and 10.6... and I've seen it working too in 10.11 with Clover r5119, so the bootloader matters.
About the SSDTs: SSDT-HPET.aml and SSDT-PLUG.aml are not needed, I just have SSDT-EC.aml, SSDT-PNLF.aml and SSDT-XOSI.aml in this order.
For the sake of science, here's my working config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    31 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back