Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,
on my hackintosh, to upgrade to Big Sur, i've passed from Clover to OpenCore.

I've a fusion Drive and i ve copied the folder EFI only on my SDD efi partition, and i tried the direct update from my existing installation to Big Sur.

but at first reboot OC don't see any partitions.

Fusion Drive is APFS.

in attachment there is my efi folder.

any ideas?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 87
UPDATE= i created usb installer from my macbook pro.

hfs are correctly viewed..big sur installed...but at reboot no apfs fusion drive.

where is the problem?

This is a solution. I just don't know if it is really meant to be like this !

Opencore has no built-in support for fusion drives, as it is based on an oldish APFS driver that didn't support fusion drives.
For me adding apfs.efi (from /usr/standalone/i386 on the macOS disk) to EFI->OC->Drivers and adding a corresponding entry in the UEFI->Drivers config.list did help (just copy an existing entry and adjust key and value).
I have successfully used apfs.efi of both macOS Catalina and Big Sur and unter Opencore 0.6.3 and 0.6.4.

Opencore has no built-in support for fusion drives, as it is based on an oldish APFS driver that didn't support fusion drives.
For me adding apfs.efi (from /usr/standalone/i386 on the macOS disk) to EFI->OC->Drivers and adding a corresponding entry in the UEFI->Drivers config.list did help (just copy an existing entry and adjust key and value).
I have successfully used apfs.efi of both macOS Catalina and Big Sur and unter Opencore 0.6.3 and 0.6.4.
@mariogto87
But I have tested OpenCore 0.6.4 on an real iMac17,1 from 2015 with Fusion Drive (SSD 20gb + HDD 1tb) and it has booted and worked perfectly, I think that OC does recognize Fusion Drive containers, at least in my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back