From CornerStone:
Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0 libsystem_c.dylib 0x00007fff8f200812 strlen + 18
1 com.apple.opencl 0x00007fff8399db87 0x7fff8399c000 + 7047

From Preview:
Thread 1 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.root.default-priority
0 libsystem_c.dylib 0x00007fff8dece812 strlen + 18
1 com.apple.opencl 0x00007fff88f68b87 0x7fff88f67000 + 7047

Cornerstone crashes on launch no matter what. Preview. It launches fine, but open a picture with it, instant crash.

This is a brand new build using following
GA-Z87X-OC Force
i7 4770K
GeForce GTX 780 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130951)
Chimera 2.2.1

Custom Installed items (Did not use wizard):
Realtek ACL898 without DSDT
3rd Party SATA
Trim Enabler
Intel - hnak's AppleIntelE1000.kext
CMOS patch.
fakeSMC (Installed with HWmonitor since newer than multibeast version)

Boot Options:
EthernetBuiltIn:Yes
GraphicsEnabler:No
IGPEnabler:Yes
Kernel:>mach_kernel<
Kernel Flags: -v
Legacy Logo: Yes
Instant Menu: Yes
GenerateCStates: Yes
GeneratePStates: Yes
UseKernelCache: Yes

This is my first build so forgive me if I am missing any key information.

I'm afraid I'm in the same boat. I also happen to have the exact same video card. Others with the GTX 770 aren't reporting any issues with OpenCL, but this 780 that we both have seems to crash on any OpenCL access. The crashes occur both in Mavericks and in ML as well (verified by myself). It doesn't matter what app is used, the crashed thread is identical in every last one.

Has anybody else here had difficulty with OpenCL and GTX 780 cards?

Well, i fixed the crash. How I fixed it has quite a bit of irony.

<Bad fix removed>

EDIT
Seems this fix didn't actually solve problem for long, was good for about 20 hours then returned. Not sure why it returned or why the above appeared to fix it short term. I have no answers now :\

This issue is going to wide spread more and more. Basically anyone that buys a 780 or Titan now, or the new 780Ti are going to have this crash with no work around

The cause seems to be related to a new version of GK110 board. Revision B

the GK110B cards all crash on opencl on 10.8.5 or 10.9. Whether or not this is just hackintosh or ANY mac pro as well I do not know. I have not had a user on a mac pro test yet. However, I am pretty confident the nvidia driver in OS X is at cause and it doesn't know how to work with this new graphics board yet until it's updated. Therefor, we may be waiting for 10.9 updates unless nvidia releases an updated web driver for 10.9 that fixes it.

Another related issue, the HWMonitor sensors have no idea what to do with the revision B board either. It's an unrecognized Kepler and the sensors will read nothing.

Any news EVGA GTX 780 Opencl please let me know if there is any solutions.

Only thing so far, if you remove GeForceVADriver.bundle, then quicktime will work. Nothing else. Any way I try to disable GPU OpenCL seems to kill the system...

I drag libclh.dylib out and reboot to temp access my svn client for work. However it also disables all hardware acceleration from GPU all together. :\ When done with program I need, i put libclh.dylib back and reboot again. It's a crap solution but it's all I have to use my work software. Fortunately my work software doesn't actually need OpenCL or OpenGL. It's a lot worse if your work software is premier or something.

Hi all, Having big problem with EVGA 780, any fix soon for opencl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back