Contribute
Register

OpenCL not working with Evga GTX 670 Superclocked+ 4GB and ML 10.8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It works with the 570 hd too!

After two days tying to enable my opencl, I almost gave up. I'm on ML and only had to replace ff 50 68 4c 39 e0 73 e7 with ff 50 68 4c 39 e0 90 90 and BANG! LuxMark Recognized my GPU.

Thank you Mrengles!

It works with the 570 hd too!

After two days tying to enable my opencl, I almost gave up. I'm on ML and only had to replace ff 50 68 4c 39 e0 73 e7 with ff 50 68 4c 39 e0 90 90 and BANG! LuxMark Recognized my GPU.

Thank you Mrengles!

Happy to hear you got OpenCL working!

Dont thank me, Thank netkas. I believe he discovered the actual fix and not just posted it on his forum/blog.

Hopefully Tonymac & Macman will Add this patch to the next MultiBeast.

I have an EVGA GeForce GTX 680 (2 Gbs ram) and Mountain Lion 10.8.2. I cannot get video to play back in Premiere Pro CS6, everything else works great! I am new to all of this and I am desperate for help in terms that I can follow (not a moron, just relatively inexperienced). I tried the text edits tricks and got the card to show up as cuda enabled in PPro General tap but still cannot play any video. I suspect (from what I have read) that my Opencl is not enabled and I cannot figure out how to do this in terms I can understand. I am a little confused by whether this can now be accomplished by Multibeast and ML (?) or with a particular kext (?).

I had one person tell me that during my initial setup that I should run the ML install but NOT run the 10.8.2 update until AFTER I had run Multibeast (to force quit out of it). One person said that the card should work out of the box, another said it would never work and yet another said that it needed a patch. With so many variables its impossible to simple guess at the right combination and hope for a positive outcome, yet I have been doing this for a solid week. If some kind sole can advice me on the proper steps to successfully get this running with Premiere Pro CS6 and my GTX 680 card with Mercury engine and Cuda enabled I'll Paypal you a nice little Christmas present for your time :)

Guy's, I'm dying here and the thought of throwing in the towel and doing this with Windows 7 Pro is killing me but that's what its starting to look like.

OpenCL not working with Evga GTX 670 Superclocked+ 4GB and ML 10.8.2

Question with the hex editor do you find first then enter the replacement code and replace all? I used the OpenGL edit from Multi beast and tanked another install. Ready to pack it up and ship it back. I really need some instruction to get this right.

I'm looking into buying the Evga GTX 670 Superclocked and was wondering if this was still a problem.

We no longer need to use this OpenCL >2GB Patch for NVidia cards with 10.8.3 Apple stop checking the VRAM amount because they are using GPUs with higher VRAM quantities. :)

That EVGA GTX 670 will work 110% right out of the box with Graphics Enabler =No

:)

we no longer need to use this opencl >2gb patch for nvidia cards with 10.8.3 apple stop checking the vram amount because they are using gpus with higher vram quantities. :)

that evga gtx 670 will work 110% right out of the box with graphics enabler =no

:)

fantastic

Gang,

See MacMan's article on the [url="http://www.tonymacx86.com/343-os-x-10-8-3-nvidia-6xx-opencl-benchmarks.html]OS X 10.8.3 and NVIDIA 6xx OpenCL Benchmarks[/url] issues.

Gang,

See MacMan's article on the OS X 10.8.3 and NVIDIA 6xx OpenCL Benchmarks issues.

Most of that information is incorrect for Benchmarking NVidia OpenCL GPUs because the Luxmark 2.0 tools is not optimized for NVidia but ATI/AMD. If you want a tool thats optimized for NVidia cards looks at Oceanwave Bandwidth Bench.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back