Contribute
Register

Open GL problem with After Effects CC2018 (running 10.13.4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 HD3
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 980 x 2
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
HI all,

I was wondering if some hasa fix for the Ongoing Open GL probelm I am having with my Hackintosh using After Effects.
Currently I am running High SIerra 10.13.4, 32 GB Ram, i7 8700, and two Palit 1080 Ti graphics Cards.

Since I installed update for CC 2019 I am having this problem which I do not know how to resolve. After Effects craches on strat up, also if I manage to start it up as soon as create composition, After Effects crashes. (I tired using CPU render engine in After Effects but that does not work).
I have tried uninstalling Cuda and the most current NVIDIA drive, I also tried installing older versions of the driver NVIDIA but with no sucess.
I also tried installing High Sierra from scratch still same problem.

If there is something I can do in Clover or with a kekst please let me know. Willing to try anyhtingat this point. I use my machine for work.

Many thanks in advance.

HI all,

I was wondering if some hasa fix for the Ongoing Open GL probelm I am having with my Hackintosh using After Effects.
Currently I am running High SIerra 10.13.4, 32 GB Ram, i7 8700, and two Palit 1080 Ti graphics Cards.

Since I installed update for CC 2019 I am having this problem which I do not know how to resolve. After Effects craches on strat up, also if I manage to start it up as soon as create composition, After Effects crashes. (I tired using CPU render engine in After Effects but that does not work).
I have tried uninstalling Cuda and the most current NVIDIA drive, I also tried installing older versions of the driver NVIDIA but with no sucess.
I also tried installing High Sierra from scratch still same problem.

If there is something I can do in Clover or with a kekst please let me know. Willing to try anyhtingat this point. I use my machine for work.

Many thanks in advance.
I am having the exact same problem with my similar build. Any help from the community would be appreciated as this seems like a new issue with High Sierra and AE. Thanks!

We are not the only one who have this problem.
No solution as yet.
I hope someone will look into this. We just have to wait.

I had to install cc2015 premier and after effects as this version of the software works fine.

There's nothing we can do about this. The newer software version + Latest macOS eventually will remove all of it's compatibility.

I'm using 2012 HP Z800 Dual Xeon Workstation with Dual Quadro 6000, I stick only to Sierra and cc2017.
Never get tempted to update anything on the machine. It'll be a massive headache.
Has been encounter all GPU problems including the shutdown/reboot issue (which some ppl say it was because the nvdia web driver issue)

Perhaps couple of things you could do:
  1. Definitely go back to last known good app version.
  2. On AE prefs, Try to switch to Metal or openCL instead (Why? Since 2013 macOS and it's Software no longer support openGL on NVIDIA Cards, nor the CUDA. So just uninstall CUDA on every mac you have), and make sure there's no CUDA kext left on your system. (Google how to completely uninstall CUDA on OSX & macOS)
  3. If you still rely on CUDA, go back to No.1
  4. Did you use Nvidia Web Driver or macOS native driver? for Maxwell & Pascal cards are recommend to use web driver
  5. Switch to ATI cards
  6. Test openGL & CUDA on Davinci Resolve. If it has no issue, the problem relies on AE's version.
  7. Adobe and macOS will only use 1st for its main display and system, 2nd GPU will automatically used by AE to do 3D Interactions & Iterations/Ray-Traced ONLY not for Final Render Export, But to gain performance for H264 Encoding in Media Encoder & PPro (and all other supported RAW codecs by nvidia). Also in Davinci Resolve, if you have Studio version support multi-gpu.
  8. Just like back in cc2014, try to check AE's gpusniffer.txt just to make sure your card was listed there, if not, manually add it. Google it.
My point is, it's not always about the hackintosh build's issue, keep in mind the hardware, OS & software release date must be at around the same age or +5 years

Example: my machine was entirely manufactured on 2012 also the GPU, so my OS and software version are ideally those released on 2017. I won't use recent NVIDIA cards on it, as It will caused more issue or doesn't do much of performance gain either.

Hope this helps
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back