Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am muddling through dortania guide and I don't know what this error means. My best guess is that Lilu is in the wrong location but when I go back and look at my EFi it is in the right place.

Can someone let me know what I did wrong?

Attachments

• opencore-2020-12-07-165213.txt
    256 KB · Views: 55
this is the panic I got

Attachments

• IMG_3036.jpeg
    IMG_3036.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 78
I dont understand

I dont understand

Hi there.

If you are installing Catalina try Clover bootloader and our main Installation Guide.

Too many people struggle with the technicalities (and MMIO Quirk @Bustycat mentions) that if OpenCore is not necessary, go with our guides to get you up and running.

:)

It is my personal experience for being the first and currently only kernel panic with OpenCore for my Z370. As Z370 was designed before 2018, I followed the instruction of the MATs part to toggle quirks and directly resolved.

I am currently on Catalina I was trying to update to BigSur. I guess I dont really need to.

My working version of Clover is 5107 I would like to update that but since everything is working I may not mess with it. I will post my config for opencore Ive been trying to follow dortanias guide but it just isnt booting the USB I put it on.

I am currently on Catalina I was trying to update to BigSur. I guess I dont really need to.

My working version of Clover is 5107 I would like to update that but since everything is working I may not mess with it. I will post my config for opencore Ive been trying to follow dortanias guide but it just isnt booting the USB I put it on.
You have to spend more time on reading carefully.

I spent a good chunk of time trying to get OC working today. I can get it loaded to the Driver selector but when I select the install USB it just loops back to the BIOS. I have checked my folder structure and that seems to be correct.

I have the debug version running and have an extensive text file but I don't know what I am doing wrong from everything I am reading I thought I had it right.

Please review and point me in the right direction.

Attachments

• opencore-2020-12-21-223412.txt
    256 KB · Views: 49
  • config.plist
    25.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back