Contribute
Register

Open Core fresh installation to boot with iGPU HD 4600 and RX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
In your config.plist try setting Kernel -> Quirks set AppleXcpmExtraMsrs to Yes and see if that gets you past the error [EB|`B:WFDW] Err(0xE)
This adjustment didn't help either... still getting the same error

P.S. when I disable iGPU in BIOS I can successfully boot with RX 580 and it works fine, as I previously mentioned I can also boot successfully with iGPU only, but when both enabled I am getting this error (see attachment)

Attachments

• IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 59
This adjustment didn't help either... still getting the same error
Was your 580 Pulse bought new by you or was it second hand from Ebay or another online market ?

Was your 580 Pulse bought new by you or was it second hand from Ebay or another online market ?
I bought it used, the seller claimed the firmware was never changed but I don't have any proofs, is there something I can verify to make sure I have a legit GPU?

I bought it used, the seller claimed the firmware was never changed but I don't have any proofs, is there something I can verify to make sure I have a legit GPU?
Not sure how to verify that the Vbios is the Sapphire OEM version. Doing some googling would likely yield some answers there.

Not sure how to verify that the Vbios is the Sapphire OEM version. Doing some googling would likely yield some answers there.
Is there any other reason that may cause the issue?

when I disable iGPU in BIOS I can successfully boot with RX 580 and it works fine
If you can live without Quicksync it's perfectly fine to disable iGPU completely and use the 580 exclusively.
Not sure what else could be causing this issue. My Q87 Chipset systems (with HD4600) i5s and i7s, can all run headless or with iGPU fully enabled with a 570 with no problems.

If you can live without Quicksync it's perfectly fine to disable iGPU completely and use the 580 exclusively.
Not sure what else could be causing this issue. My Q87 Chipset systems (with HD4600) i5s and i7s, can all run headless or with iGPU fully enabled with a 570 with no problems.
I don't like that video playback significantly consumes CPU power without iGPU, this is probably because of SMBIOS iMac15,1

I am reading on the internet that it is possible to set iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS which only has dGPU, maybe in this case it would work better, can you suggest?

I am reading on the internet that it is possible to set iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS which only has dGPU, maybe in this case it would work better, can you suggest?
Certainly worth a try. Many people use iMacPro1,1 these days.

I don't like that video playback significantly consumes CPU power without iGPU, this is probably because of SMBIOS iMac15,1

Indeed iMacPro1,1 is a good model ID to use when you disable the IGPU in BIOS.
I use that config on my 3rd Gen i7-3770K with RX580 and HEVC & H.264 playback is silky smooth with little or no load on the CPU. The decode is offloaded to the RX580.
In the VideoPro App, it can fully transcodes H.264 to HEVC completely via the RX580 with very little load on the CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back