Contribute
Register

Oops... Can't access bios on motherboard now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA Z68X UD3H B3-F10
CPU
i7-2600
Graphics
HD 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I posted this in the Bios/uefi section too hope the cross post isn't a problem....

I have a Gigabyte GA Z68X UD3H B3 motherboard and was start to see if I could make the jump from MountianLion to El Capitan.

In doing so I was going to see I how things went on using clover as the loader and run my existing system off a back for a bit. But when tried several week ago when I loaded the boot screen I could not see my mine system drive. I have it a ssd and my copy/bu on a regular drive.

Left town for a few weeks and came back to start again. Made a new Usb with the new multibeast, figured i'd double check the bios set up, optimized the settings, and changed my HPET fro 32 bit to 64, also put my dtsd in the folder on clover... But when I selected the usb drive it went to a grey screen that said I need to restart.

So I did. But then I got a message saying my sata wasn't in achi would I like it to change it I said yes. Now when start I get a splash screen from the motherboard with then it start to load up, listing my drives etc... But after the old boot loader chimera it just hangs at the apple logo and then a small circle gray no load comes up.

It does this every time. Even if I hold delete, or f12 as things start up. Use to it had a text window that gave a the f12, delete options etc instead of the mb splash screw with the options listed at the bottom. But no matter what I hold or do it does not give me access to a boot screen or the bios.

Any comments, suggests would be appreciated.

Well final got into the bios... had to move my keyboard plug into one of the front usb ports...

Ended up finding the GSATA3 Ctrl mode wa ide, changes it to ACHI and it begin to boot fine.

So now to test clover...

oh yeah I Lion, not Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back