Motherboard
Z490 Vision G
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I am planning to build a hackintosh based on i7-5820K and the X99 platform. I am planning to use the Gigabyte GTX 980Ti (GV-N98TG1 GAMING-6GD). For the life of me, I cannot find any real experience/success stores if the above mentioned graphic card has out of the box support in latest OS X 10.11.4 even though it's listed in tonymacx86's buying guide. Since the i7-5820k does not have a on-board graphic cards, I would be required to have another graphic card before I can use this one if there's no OOB support and I don't have the wiggle room in my budget for that.

Though I do have a EN210 graphic card from my old build (bought some time ago) but unsure if it will just work or not?

I am planning to build a hackintosh based on i7-5820K and the X99 platform. I am planning to use the Gigabyte GTX 980Ti (GV-N98TG1 GAMING-6GD). For the life of me, I cannot find any real experience/success stores if the above mentioned graphic card has out of the box support in latest OS X 10.11.4 even though it's listed in tonymacx86's buying guide. Since the i7-5820k does not have a on-board graphic cards, I would be required to have another graphic card before I can use this one if there's no OOB support and I don't have the wiggle room in my budget for that.

Though I do have a EN210 graphic card from my old build (bought some time ago) but unsure if it will just work or not?

210 will work OK. 980Ti might work if you use boot-arg nv_diasble=1 until you get installed and download/install the nVidia alternate web drivers for OS X. Once you do that, change the boot-arg to nvda_drv=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back