Contribute
Register

Only Have USB 3.0 Ports. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you re-download Lion from the app store, it will download 10.7.4 that you can use UniBeast to make a new USB boot drive with.

I am not sure if this includes the new goodies for the new MBP or not integrated but I was able to use it to install on a Z77 board and the USB 3.0 intel ports work. I don't have a 3.0 device to know if they run at 2.0 speed or not though and it has a sandy bridge CPU on that board, not sure if it matters.

MrDragon1 said:
If you re-download Lion from the app store, it will download 10.7.4 that you can use UniBeast to make a new USB boot drive with.

I am not sure if this includes the new goodies for the new MBP or not integrated but I was able to use it to install on a Z77 board and the USB 3.0 intel ports work. I don't have a 3.0 device to know if they run at 2.0 speed or not though and it has a sandy bridge CPU on that board, not sure if it matters.
Your Z77 board had Ivy Bridge CPU with builtin USB 3.0 controller, or Nec/Renesas controller with PXHCD.kext in your SLE?

If you have Ivy Bridge, and Osx works normally, then this is beautiful!

Please confirm

It is a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB WIFI with a i7 2700K Sandy Bridge CPU. I have it almost all running with 10.7.4 from unibeast with the folowing settings/exceptions. Video card is a Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850

Easybeast
HDA Rollback/ALC8XXHDA/ALC898 non-DSDT patch
Maolj's Atheros L1C Gigabit Ethernet
Hnak's Apple Intel E1000 Ethernet
SSDT - Core i7 (non-overclocked, because it isn't right now)
System Definition - Mac Mini

All USB 2 and 3 ports work, but are shown in System Profiler as High Speed, not super speed. The BIOS has some USB compatability options so I am not sure if it just makes the 3.0 ports run/look like 2.0 ports of the drivers don't load.

Audio works in a basic way.. I can only get sound to come out the black audio jack. Have not tried optical. The front ports detect headphones plugged in, but don't send any sound eve when selected as the audio device.

Thr Radeon HD 6850 works with no tweaks on one DVI port. VGA with adapter seems to work, have not tried displayport or the second DVI port. HDMI doesn't seem to work. Have not added any ATI tweaks to org.chameleon.boot.plist so that might fix the port issue.

Wireless... The included wireless does not work. The included Bluetooth on the wireless card does work as it is.

All SATA ports on the board work (even the Marvell ones) Both Gigabit ports work.

As for the laptop situation... I wonder if you could do the install onto the HD with another computer, install BridgeHelper 5 then re-install into the laptop and boot from it...?
Or is it possible to make the Unibeast boot then install bridgehelper on that? Or I wonder if there will be a new Unibeast soon using the new kernel and USB drivers..

MrDragon1 said:
It is a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB WIFI with a i7 2700K Sandy Bridge CPU. I have it almost all running with 10.7.4 from unibeast with the folowing settings/exceptions. Video card is a Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850

Easybeast
HDA Rollback/ALC8XXHDA/ALC898 non-DSDT patch
Maolj's Atheros L1C Gigabit Ethernet
Hnak's Apple Intel E1000 Ethernet
SSDT - Core i7 (non-overclocked, because it isn't right now)
System Definition - Mac Mini

All USB 2 and 3 ports work, but are shown in System Profiler as High Speed, not super speed. The BIOS has some USB compatability options so I am not sure if it just makes the 3.0 ports run/look like 2.0 ports of the drivers don't load.

Audio works in a basic way.. I can only get sound to come out the black audio jack. Have not tried optical. The front ports detect headphones plugged in, but don't send any sound eve when selected as the audio device.

Thr Radeon HD 6850 works with no tweaks on one DVI port. VGA with adapter seems to work, have not tried displayport or the second DVI port. HDMI doesn't seem to work. Have not added any ATI tweaks to org.chameleon.boot.plist so that might fix the port issue.

Wireless... The included wireless does not work. The included Bluetooth on the wireless card does work as it is.

All SATA ports on the board work (even the Marvell ones) Both Gigabit ports work.

As for the laptop situation... I wonder if you could do the install onto the HD with another computer, install BridgeHelper 5 then re-install into the laptop and boot from it...?
Or is it possible to make the Unibeast boot then install bridgehelper on that? Or I wonder if there will be a new Unibeast soon using the new kernel and USB drivers..
Download Pacifist.app (http://www.charlessoft.com/).

With this, you can now open BridgeHelper and find what's inside, if you find mach_kernel, you can now replace into Unibeast.
What I do not know if is possible to get directly from Apple 10.7.4 image

P.S. If your USB 3.0 works, you probably have PXHCD.kext in your System/Library/Extensions.
Check this

I actually can't do much with it right now, its a friend's computer so back at his house.. Just wanted to post what info I could in hopes it would help you guys out :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back