CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 680
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have a good running Hackintosh sinds a few months.

I have enabled CUDA for Premiere and After Effects and it worked fine all the time.

Today i installed the combo update 10.8.4. My GTX 680 was running very good with After Effects and Premiere CS6 (CUDA was ok) Today i also installed the newest CUDA drivers 5.5.24. A also installed DaVinci Resolve 9 Lite.
Now i have a problem:

When i start Premiere or Resolve i get the message that ther is no CUDA device......
When i start After Effects i get CUDA. Then when i restart Premiere or Resolve i have also CUDA on those programs........

It is a bit strange that i have to start After Effects first to get CUDA on my other applications.......

Someone having this same problem?

At least you can get Premiere to launch :)

I'm on CC and after updating the CUDA drivers to the 5.5.24 version today, one good thing is I no longer get that message when starting After Effects that there's a problem with the Ray-traced 3D initialization, but Premiere still bombs when I try to launch it (happened before and after updating the CUDA drivers). I've edited the text files for Premiere and After Effects to recognize my GTX Titan as a valid CUDA device... After Effects has no issues whatsoever, but there's something that's preventing Premiere from getting more than 3 seconds into it's launch sequence without crashing and I've yet to figure it out. I'm also running the 313.01.02f01 NVIDIA drivers (forced by using the "nvda_drv=1" option in Chameleon), but I've tried with both the OS X driver in 10.8.4 and with the NVIDIA driver.

Sorry I didn't answer your question, but just sharing my thoughts on my dilemma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back