CPU
i7-10750H
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So at this point I have everything working on this machine minus sleep. The device goes into sleep properly, but when I wake it up only my backlight comes on. If I press the volume up button I can hear the sound saying I've hit maximum volume. I can even unlock the laptop by typing in the password and activate Siri by using win+space so I know the operating system itself is loading fine but my display won't output any graphics. I can even change the brightness of the backlight. I am using the AddPNLF Patching clover for brightness because AppleBacklight will only give me the bottom four levels of brightness. I've properly disabled my Nvidia MX150 from DSDT and SSDT and added the patch to solve issues with restart on sleep but that hasn't fixed the issue. Any help would be appreciated!

Specs:
i7-8665U
16 GB RAM
Samsung 970 EVO 250GB
UHD 620+MX150

Attachments

• debug_14775.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 70
So at this point I have everything working on this machine minus sleep. The device goes into sleep properly, but when I wake it up only my backlight comes on. If I press the volume up button I can hear the sound saying I've hit maximum volume. I can even unlock the laptop by typing in the password and activate Siri by using win+space so I know the operating system itself is loading fine but my display won't output any graphics. I can even change the brightness of the backlight. I am using the AddPNLF Patching clover for brightness because AppleBacklight will only give me the bottom four levels of brightness. I've properly disabled my Nvidia MX150 from DSDT and SSDT and added the patch to solve issues with restart on sleep but that hasn't fixed the issue. Any help would be appreciated!

Specs:
i7-8665U
16 GB RAM
Samsung 970 EVO 250GB
UHD 620+MX150
hibernatemode should be set to 0
run these in terminal:
Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

also this works for me:
Make sure you remove SSDT-PNLF, SSDT-ALS0.
Remove AppleBacklightFixup.kext or if you were using the old AppleBacklightInjector.kext from Rehabman.
Leave only whatevergreen.kext

Into config.plist /Devices/Properties (not inside the IGPU) just on Devices/Properties add the values:
SetIntelBacklight=True (boolean)
SetIntelMaxBacklight=True (boolean)

Enable/add the config.plist /DSDT/Fixes/ AddPNLF=True

Reboot and Brightness should work correctly.

hibernatemode should be set to 0
run these in terminal:
Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

also this works for me:
Make sure you remove SSDT-PNLF, SSDT-ALS0.
Remove AppleBacklightFixup.kext or if you were using the old AppleBacklightInjector.kext from Rehabman.
Leave only whatevergreen.kext

Into config.plist /Devices/Properties (not inside the IGPU) just on Devices/Properties add the values:
SetIntelBacklight=True (boolean)
SetIntelMaxBacklight=True (boolean)

Enable/add the config.plist /DSDT/Fixes/ AddPNLF=True

Reboot and Brightness should work correctly.
This causes my machine to boot to a black screen without the backlight ever turning on. I can hear the sound and everything fine so the system is booting but no backlight or graphics

This causes my machine to boot to a black screen without the backlight ever turning on. I can hear the sound and everything fine so the system is booting but no backlight or graphics
have you tried without injecting EDID?

Attachments

• IMG_20190719_013009.jpg
    IMG_20190719_013009.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 53
it needs to be in the Properties section like so:
View attachment 417293

I actually tired it like this as well but that didn't help. When you check the options from clover configurator it puts them like in my image but I tried it how you have it but that results in booting to the OS booting to the just the way I originally was able to but the screen still wakes from sleep to just the backlight. Im not sure if it is properly applied when put in this way but yea

Attachments

• 15635264431432528628938594614035.jpg
    15635264431432528628938594614035.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 43
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back