CPU
Intel Core i5-6500
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Long, long story short: If you have a 1XXX series Nvidia card and you can only get 1 monitor to work, have tried everything (according to all the guides and recommendations I have come across) like I have, only 1 HDMI port works after boot, the "fix" (for now anyway), is to get a DVI to HDMI adapter (assuming you were trying to have two monitors, both with HDMI connections).

This is going to be a long post about my troubles and the efforts I have tried to fix it on my own. Thank you if you make it through the whole thing.

Since I have been unable to get both of my monitors to work, I thought I would start over and document my entire process from beginning to end. One thing that I noticed is that only, if looking at the back of the video card, only the left most HDMI port works. If I only have 1 monitor plugged in and it is in a different port, it will work up until about the halfway point of macOS booting and then cuts off.

Things I have tried in the past include installing the Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup kexts, AGPUFix app, iMac14,2 SMBIOS and MacPro6,2 SMBIOS, NvidiaWebDriver=true, nvda_drv=1, manually modified SSDT-1.aml from here (but did verify that my video card changed to “GFX1” through IORegistryExplorer), swapping HDMI cables, changing the ports (but Im pretty sure that is useless from my other observation that only the left-most port works), putting the second monitor in the first monitors port just to make sure it works fine (it does and I have dual monitors under Windows 10 with no issue), and pretty much a bunch of random options selected across probably 5 different full wipe/installs.

This is going to be a long post as I am documenting everything I do so that if there is somewhere that I screwed up that was not obvious to me but to someone else, they can, hopefully, point it out. This is my first Hackintosh computer, so please forgive my ignorance on the matter if I make a mistake. I tried my best to follow all instructions and do research before posting this.

My setup:
Display: 2x HP 23es connected through HDMI
MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI
VD: Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB (3x HDMI, 1xDP, 1xDVI)
CPU: Intel i5 Skylake 6500
RAM: 2x 8GB Crucial DDR4 2400 MHz in BANK 0/DIMM1 and BANK 1/DIMM1
WiFi: forget the name, but it is the one and only card TonyMacx86 recommended for instant usage with no tweaking or drivers needed
HDD: WD 160GB Black 2.5” drive inside a USB3 external enclosure connected to a USB 3 port on the computer (I have the Corsair glass case and just don’t feel like taking it apart, moving cables around and hard wiring the drive unless someone says that for reason it has to be connected through SATA to work)

I have not tried unplugging the video card and installing everything first while using the onboard video port for the same reason, just too much of a pain for me to feel like doing that right now.

UNIBEAST SETUP

Downloaded macOS Sierra from Mac App Store
USB drive formatted with GUID, OS X Extended Journaled
Ran UniBeast 7.1.1, selecting UEFI Boot Mode, picking my just formatted 16GB USB 2.0 stick choosing no video options

After UniBeast was done, I copied a folder labeled “Hackintosh Files” to the USB stick. This folder contains: Clover Configurator, Clover_v2.4k_r4061.pkg, KextBeast, Lilu.kext, MultiBeast 9.1.0, NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, VoodooHDA-2.8.8.pkg, WebDriver-378.05.05.05f02.pkg

MOTHERBOARD SETTINGS

Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI

Save & Exit -> Load Optimized Defaults

M.I.T (nothing in here was touched and its options are too numerous for me to want to list out unless someone feels it is needed)

BIOS
Security Options -> Setup (Manual says, “A password is only required for entering the BIOS Setup Program”. Other option is “System” which is, “A password is required for booting the system and for entering the BIOS Setup Program” but I have never had to enter a password before).
Windows 8/10 Features -> Other OS (default)
LAN PXE Boot Option ROM -> Disabled (default)
Storage Boot Option Control -> UEFI (Legacy is default)
Other PCI devices -> UEFI (default)

Peripherals
Initial Display Output -> PCIe 1 Slot (default, GTX 1050 Ti is in the PCIEX16 slot which is top most slot. Other options include IGFX, PCIe 2 Slot, PCIe 3 Slot)

EZ RAID
Not enabled

Intel Platform Trust Technology (PTT) -> Disabled (default)

Offboard SATA Controller Configuration
[No PCIe SATA Controllers / PCIe SSDs are Present]

Trusted Computing
Security Device Support -> Disabled (default)

Super IO Configuration
Serial Port -> Disabled
Parallel Port -> Disabled

Intel(R) Bios Guard Technology
Intel Bios Guard Support -> Disabled (default)

Network Stack Configuration
Network Stack -> Disabled (default)

NVMe Configuration
[NVMe controller and Drive information]
[No NVME Device Found]

USB Configuration
Legacy USB Support -> Enabled (default)
XHCI Hand-off -> Enabled
USB Mass Storage Driver Support -> Enabled (default)
Port 60.64 Emulation -> Enabled (default)

SATA And RST Configuration
SATA Controller(s) -> Enabled (default)
SATA Mode Selection -> AHCI (default)
Aggressive LPM Support -> Enabled (default)

Chipset
VT-d -> Disabled
Internal Graphics -> Auto (default)
Audio Controller -> Enabled (default)
PCH LAN Controller -> Enabled (default)
Wake on LAN Enable -> Enabled (default)
High Precision Timer -> Enabled (default)
IOAPIC 24-119 Entries -> Enabled (default)

Power
Platform Power Management -> Disabled (default)
AC BACK -> Always Off (default)
Power On By Keyboard -> Disabled (default)
Power On Password -> (blank, no password)
Power On By Mouse -> Disabled (default)
ErP -> Disabled (default)
Soft-Off by PWR-BTN -> Instant-Off (default)
Power Loading -> Auto (default)
Resume by Alarm -> Disabled (default)
RC6(Render Standby) -> Enabled (default)

MAC OS INSTALL

Booted from USB stick
Opened Disk Utility
Clicked on the HDD in the sidebar (not the current partition)
Clicked Erase
Name: Hackintosh
Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
Scheme: GUID Partition MAP
Erase
Done
My drive is currently connected through a USB3 external HDD enclosure, but not sure if that matters or not. It is a 2.5” WD 160GB Black drive

Continue, Continue, Agree, (select Hackintosh drive), Continue, wait 18 minutes

FIRST BOOT

Selected UniBeast USB stick to boot from and then selected Hackintosh drive from Clover

Went through initial macOS setup process. At this point, my Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti is recognized as “Display” with 7MB of RAM, but it does see it as a PCIe device when looking at the System Information -> Graphics page.

Used Terminal to disable GateKeeper, preventing any annoyances it might bring

MULTIBEAST, p1

Because I am following this guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.143757/) on getting proper audio support, I am only choosing UEFI and installing just that and no other options so I can have a config.plist and UEFI system built that will allow me to disable SIP through RtVariables
Quick Start
UEFI Boot Mode
BUILD
Reboot to External HDD now that Clover is installed on it

Got circle with slash through it about 60% of the way through the boot, so I reboot to Hackintosh through the USB stick

Ran MultiBeast again but just selecting the Clover boot loader with emulated NVRAM

Used Clover Configurator to change RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig to 0x67.

Rebooted to Clover through HDD and selected Hackintosh drive

Got circle with slash again at about 60 to 65% mark

Rebooted to Clover through USB stick and selected Hackintosh drive

MULTIBEAST, p2

Since Clover + NVRAM was in theory installed along with whatever else it chooses from selecting the UEFI Quick Start, I am only going to be choosing other options.

Drivers
Audio
100 / 200 Series Audio -> Checked (according to the Realtek guide linked above, IOReg -> did not found HDEF, found HDAS, picking option A under Before You Install -> Step 5 -> 3 -> 1)

USB
Increase Max Port Limit 100 Series -> Checked

Customize
Graphics Configuration
NVIDIA Web Drivers Boot Flag -> Checked

NVIDIA WEB DRIVERS

After MultiBeast finished, I ran the WebDriver pkg installer, verified that the newly placed menu bar Nvidia option said the Web Driver was selected and rebooted to Clover through the Hackintosh drive and then selected the Hackintosh drive from Clover

Holy ****, I actually didn’t get the circle with slash this time and it booted ok

NVIDIA Driver Manager

Says the web driver was loaded and NOT OS X Default Graphics Driver

G-SYNC - Slots 1–4 all say “No Device Found” with a final slot labeled as [-] with my video card listed as “NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti” and a G-SYNC status of “G-SYNC Disabled”

ECC - same as above with first 4 slots being empty and the final slot with a ECC status of “ECC Not Supported”

Updates
Latest drivers are installed and verified through the Check Now button

About this Mac
Overview
Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4095 MB

Displays
Only 1 of my two “HP 23es Display”s listed

System Report
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 4095 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x1c82
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: VBIOS 86.07.39.00.56
Metal: Supported
Displays:
HP 23es
Resolution: 1920x1080 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: [redacted]
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Automatically Adjust Brightness: No

IORegistryExplorer
Returning to audio driver install guide
Search for “HDEF: (found)
Search for “CodecDevice” (found)
Take note of “IOHDACodecVendorID
0x10ec found
0900 found so ALC1150

MULTIBEAST, p3

Drivers
Audio
ALC1150 -> Checked
Optional 3 Port (5.1) Audio -> Checked
100 / 200 Series Audio -> Checked
BUILD

Reboot to Clover through HDD, selected Hackintosh drive and booted successfully again

AUDIO

Opened System Preferences
Sound
Sound Effects
Play sound effects through -> Internal Speakers (works)
Play feedback when volume is changed -> Checked (works)
Output
Select a device for sound output
Internal Speakers chosen (audio works)

Put computer to sleep because I remember reading about issues with no audio after wake up from sleep. Waited for computer to be fully “off” before pressing a key on keyboard.

And no audio for me after sleep. That is another issue to look into later.

CLOVER CONFIGURATOR
Acpi
FixDisplay_0100 -> checked (manually set, Clover config page says this option can’t hurt, so why not try)

Boot
dart=0 (already set from either Uni or MultiBeast)
nvda_drv=1 (manually set)
kext-dev-mode=1 (manually set)

Graphics
Inject Intel -> checked (enabled by default from UniBeast)
Inject Nvidia -> unchecked (default)
Inject ATI -> unchecked (default)
Load VBios -> unchecked (default)
Patch Bios -> unchecked (default)
NvidiaGeneric -> unchecked (default)
NvidiaSingle -> unchecked (default)
Inject EDID -> unchecked (default)
Custom EDID, VendorID, ProductID, Dual Link, FB Name, NVCAP, VRAM, Video Ports, Display-cfg, ig-platform-id, BootDisplay -> all blank

SMBIOS
iMac14,2 (already set from MultiBeast)

System Parameters
Inject Kexts -> Yes (already selected from MultiBeast)
Inject System ID -> Checked (already from MultiBeast)
NvidiaWeb -> Checked (already from MultiBeast)
Custom UUID -> clicked “Get it from system”

Restarting again. Reviewing Clover settings before booting to Hackintosh drive. For audio, the AFGLowPowerState and ResetHDA was unchecked, so I checked both of those.

Audio still doesn’t work and sometimes pops when changing volume level in macOS

CLOVER CONFIGURATOR

changed theme to “embedded” because it looks nicer

Restarted, still no audio except popping when changing volume (only method I am using to test audio). Video card still recognized as GTX 1050 with 4GB of RAM.

CLOVER CONFIGURATOR

Boot
Unchecking nvda_drv=1 since the “New method for enabling nvidia web drivers” post says to remove it “if necessary”, whatever that means

Rebooting. Computer still only sees 1 monitor.

And I feel this is more than enough to go ahead and post as is. If I can find that post about making your own SSDT-1.aml file, I may try that again. I have attached the contents of my EFI partition for it to be dissected for those kind enough to go that far.

Edit: So I went ahead and tried the tutorial on modifying the SSDT-1.aml and labeling my video card as GFX1 and choosing MacPro6,1 as the SMBIOS but it still doesn't change the results of only the left-most HDMI port works. My monitors only other port option is VGA which my video card doesn't have.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Based on other people's posts, it seems like the 1050 series is just borked and that the "solve", if you can truly call it that, is to use the DVI port. So I have ordered a DVI to HDMI adapter that will arrive in a few days. Hopefully the DVI port will work for me like it has others.

Reference graphics carts do not have 2 HDMI connectors.
No native macOS product supports 2 HDMI connectors.
macOS, DP is the preferred graphics protocol as it supports all connectors.

That makes zero sense. You're implying that any real Mac owner who bought this video card wouldn't be able to use more than 1 HDMI port. There are people in this Graphics forum that have had no issues with connecting more than 1 monitor. Granted, not all have said what ports they used but I am certain I have read threads from other people saying they have no problem with more than 1 HDMI port working on different 1XXX cards. I have a feeling it is more to do with the drivers from Nvidia, as I have documented, because other ports work up to about the halfway point, which is when I imagine the drivers got loaded.

I have exactly the same issue. I have 1050 card with two HDMI. At the first time after installing Nvidia Web Drivers i received black screen. I tried to boot in verbose mode and screen issue disappears but Default Mac Driver was been selected. I tried different workarounds but then found that in verbose mode Mac Os loads default driver and HDMI port works well. In regular mode Nvidia driver is being loaded and one HDMI doesn't work. I plugged monitor to second HDMI port and all works well.

So it seems like Multi HDMI issue appears only with nvidia driver. Default driver at the same time allows any HDMI port to work.

I spend a lot of time to find graphic card with 2 HDMI ports and it doesn't work :(

I have exactly the same issue. I have 1050 card with two HDMI. At the first time after installing Nvidia Web Drivers i received black screen. I tried to boot in verbose mode and screen issue disappears but Default Mac Driver was been selected. I tried different workarounds but then found that in verbose mode Mac Os loads default driver and HDMI port works well. In regular mode Nvidia driver is being loaded and one HDMI doesn't work. I plugged monitor to second HDMI port and all works well.

So it seems like Multi HDMI issue appears only with nvidia driver. Default driver at the same time allows any HDMI port to work.

I spend a lot of time to find graphic card with 2 HDMI ports and it doesn't work :(

Sadly I don't even get two monitors with just the Apple Default Drivers. I hadn't tried the other ports though when it was Apple Drivers just to see. I should have a DVI to HDMI adapter tomorrow though. If that works, then I guess I can say I have a fully functional Hackintosh and I will transfer the OS (if possible) to my internal drive instead of using an old external drive.

I have read threads from other people saying they have no problem with more than 1 HDMI port working on different 1XXX cards.
Must have a great memory, only have to figure out where you saw those posts.
HDMI + DVI is reference, 2 HDMI is not.

Please stop wasting my time with unhelpful posts. Other threads talking about different cards getting multiple monitors to work properly simply had to set NvidiaWebDrivers to true, remove NvidiaInject=true, or do one of the other various things mentioned in the Graphics Problems 1–6 post. I have done all of them with no positive results.

Toleda is right - reference 1050 and 1050 ti cards are DP, DVI and ONE HDMI port. - Thus the drivers, when detecting a 1050 variant, will activate only those ports which are reference.
The fact other cards may have more than one HDMI port working isn't relevant if those models have reference standard with more than one HDMI port. As it is we people with 1050 variants are stuck with being able to use one HDMI port.

If you are unable to use three ports then you have a configuration issue. Dipslayport, DVI, and One HDMI port should be working
I have three monitors working flawlessly on Gigabyte GTX 1050 (Displayport to DVI adapter, DVI, HDMI)- Second HDMI port unusable. HDMI Audio is broken with latest Nvidia drivers

Good to see the DVI adapter worked for you.

Last edited:
Toleda is right - reference 1050 and 1050 ti cards are DP, DVI and ONE HDMI port. - Thus the drivers, when detecting a 1050 variant, will activate only those ports which are reference.
The fact other cards may have more than one HDMI port working isn't relevant if those models have reference standard with more than one HDMI port. As it is we people with 1050 variants are stuck with being able to use one HDMI port.

If you are unable to use three ports then you have a configuration issue. Dipslayport, DVI, and One HDMI port should be working
I have three monitors working flawlessly on Gigabyte GTX 1050 (Displayport to DVI adapter, DVI, HDMI)- Second HDMI port unusable. HDMI Audio is broken with latest Nvidia drivers

You're not making any sense for the people new to the hackintosh world. Saying reference card over and over again is not helpful when I have no idea what you are taking about. Pointing back to my previous statement, it makes no sense because these are official drivers from Nvidia, not some 3rd party hacked together drivers trying to make Mac OS think the hardware you are wanting to use is something else an Apple computer would normally come with.

I would expect official drivers to work just fine.

Since you and toleda failed to provide me citation as to where you are getting this 3 port only "reference", my statement about it being unhelpful stands. This back and forth, and honestly this entire thread could have been resolved already if there was a pinned post about which video cards support X ports because of this magical reference thing I have yet to even see a post about in all of the graphics guides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back