Contribute
Register

Only 1 HDMI port recognized on GTX 1050 Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not making any sense for the people new to the hackintosh world. Saying reference card over and over again is not helpful when I have no idea what you are taking about. Pointing back to my previous statement, it makes no sense because these are official drivers from Nvidia, not some 3rd party hacked together drivers trying to make Mac OS think the hardware you are wanting to use is something else an Apple computer would normally come with.

I would expect official drivers to work just fine.

Since you and toleda failed to provide me citation as to where you are getting this 3 port only "reference", my statement about it being unhelpful stands. This back and forth, and honestly this entire thread could have been resolved already if there was a pinned post about which video cards support X ports because of this magical reference thing I have yet to even see a post about in all of the graphics guides.

Reference specs given when the cards were announced more than 7 months ago.
Google is friend
http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-pascal-announce/

Reference specs given when the cards were announced more than 7 months ago.
Google is friend
http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-pascal-announce/

Just stop. You clearly missed the part where I said I was new to this, as in 1 month ago. I have never even heard of video card references before, Mac or PC world. So when you start talking about them, I'm thinking you're talking about something Mac/Hackintosh specific. And when the official drivers for Windows enable all ports, I expect the same for the Mac.

Just stop. You clearly missed the part where I said I was new to this, as in 1 month ago. I have never even heard of video card references before, Mac or PC world. So when you start talking about them, I'm thinking you're talking about something Mac/Hackintosh specific. And when the official drivers for Windows enable all ports, I expect the same for the Mac.

Interestingly enough, I was once new at this also. I had never heard or reference cards before. When I did hear about them, I was intrigued, I did lots of searching and reading. Knowing that a hackintosh is not as easy as just slapping parts together and having them "work" like a windows box, research is imperative.

Thus, I think what you really meant to say was...
Thank you, I have never heard of reference cards before, I will keep this in mind when I buy my next card.

The Reference Design cards are the designs that are published on AMD's and Nvidia's web sites. The quick look to determine a reference design is to look at port layout.

Reference:
MacManx86: Graphics Card Support and Mac OS X

Rayer, I understand your frustration. I am also using the 1050 ti card with 1 DVI port and 3 HDMI ports. I would have bought a different card had I known only 1 HDMI port would work. I am lucky that my old monitor is 'old' and does not have an HDMI port. I plugged it into the DVI port and both monitors (my new one is a 28" thing) work great.
I was planning on buying another 28" monitor and now see I have to plug it into the DVI port. I will test here before buying.

On another note... have you had any problems with your computer restarting when it wakes up from sleep or display sleep?
Mine is doing this several times a day. I turned off all sleep functions for now to see if it helps.

Interestingly enough, I was once new at this also. I had never heard or reference cards before. When I did hear about them, I was intrigued, I did lots of searching and reading. Knowing that a hackintosh is not as easy as just slapping parts together and having them "work" like a windows box, research is imperative.

Thus, I think what you really meant to say was...
Thank you, I have never heard of reference cards before, I will keep this in mind when I buy my next card.

I have 1070 and I'm trying to connect to 2 monitors using DP and HDMI. They work(ed) individually, and DP is working fine now, but HDMI won't work alongside the DP. Do you have any suggestions?

I have three monitors working flawlessly on Gigabyte GTX 1050 (Displayport to DVI adapter, DVI, HDMI)- Second HDMI port unusable. HDMI Audio is broken with latest Nvidia drivers

Thanks for this! So glad to hear this works. I have NVIDIA GTX 1050, so I have now ordered a DisplayPort adapter and a DVI adapter, so that I can connect my two additional screens. (First screen in HDMI port)

GIGABYTE GEFORCE GTX 1050 Ti (3x HDMI, 1x DL DVI)
Three (3) HP 23es HDMI (or vga) Monitor
OS X 10.12.5 with Clover
Nvidia Webdriver Package

Works with one monitor only...

Rayer, Toledo, and MacPack ... thanks for this write-up. Beyond all of the frustration and welcomed replies, this information here helped me greatly... abit, after 6 hours of searching and trouble-shooting and rebooting dozens of times...

I have three (3) HP 23es HDMI Monitors and wanted to connect my new GigaByte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti up to them... the video card has three HDMI and one Dual-Link DVI connection out the back...

So, since ports 2 and 3 (HDMI) are not able to be used, I'm either gonna return it for a version with other types of ports, or see if I can find a reasonably priced Dual-Link to 2x HDMI adapter.

BTW, in any case, it shows a great bench-mark at 71 fps...

EVGA SSC GEFORCE GTX 1050 Ti (1x HDMI, 1xDVI-D, 1x DP)
Three (3) HP 23es Monitor w/ HDMI (or vga)
OS X 10.12.5 with Clover
Nvidia Webdriver Package
Cables (source to monitor): HDMI-->HDMI, DVI-D-->HDMI, DP-->HDMI

@toleda or @MacPack ... how do I change the port ordering on the graphics card. I want it to default to DVI-D, then HDMI and then DP. I thought it was an insertion string or something... here's why:

I'm getting a black screen with all three ports connected at boot up... HDMI is boot screen, but then goes black at OS X.

Here is what I observed:

HDMI only - fine,
DVI-D only - fine,
DP only - fine.

HDMI and DP ... fine, HDMI is boot screen and DP is primary in OS X (main desktop).

But...

HDMI and DVI-D ... boot fine, HDMI is boot screen, and then all goes to black at OS X.
DP and DVI-D ... boot fine, DP is boot screen, and then all goes to black at OS X.

What I'm doing now is booting up into OS X with DVI-D and then attaching the HDMI and DP cables to get the other two monitors up and running. Shutdown or reboot, I have to do the same procedure to get all 3 screens.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 286
  • nvram-xp-output.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back