Contribute
Register

Ongoing Progress - Big Sur on Gigabyte B550 Vision D - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Thunderbolt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Built-in Intel WiFi now working (ax200) in BS, as well as the Bluetooth. Speeds a little slow but another thing to tick off the list of working things. No doubt the drivers will improve to increase speeds.

Screenshot 2020-09-27 at 13.37.14.png
Screenshot 2020-09-27 at 13.39.01.png
Screenshot 2020-09-27 at 13.38.11.png
Screenshot 2020-09-27 at 13.37.50.png

@Ploddles,

Is this on your Z370 AORUS Ultra or Z390 AORUS Master?

The B550 Vision D ships with AX200, so I'm sure the latest OpenIntelWireless drivers will work, just as they work on the Z490 Vision D with AX201.

Speeds are a bit slow, but still quite usable. Handoff and AirDrop have some reliability issues, but the overall progress is very encouraging!

@Ploddles,

Is this on your Z370 AORUS Ultra or Z390 AORUS Master?

The B550 Vision D ships with AX200, so I'm sure the latest OpenIntelWireless drivers will work, just as they work on the Z490 Vision D with AX201.

Speeds are a bit slow, but still quite usable. Handoff and AirDrop have some reliability issues, but the overall progress is very encouraging!

The Z370 died, so my daughter acquired the Z390 for Uni. Next time I visit I will set up the Wifi on that - she mainly uses Windows but occasionally uses macOS on her Animation course.

It is up and running on my Gigabyte TRX40 Xtreme (AMD Threadripper, 32 core 64 threads), as above screen grabs. About 1/2 the speed of Windows but going in the right direction. Yet to thoroughly test Handoff and Airdrop.

It is up and running on my Gigabyte TRX40 Xtreme (AMD Threadripper, 32 core 64 threads), ...
It is kosher to add that to Signature now!

KVM hack?

The Z370 died, so my daughter acquired the Z390 for Uni. Next time I visit I will set up the Wifi on that - she mainly uses Windows but occasionally uses macOS on her Animation course.

It is up and running on my Gigabyte TRX40 Xtreme (AMD Threadripper, 32 core 64 threads), as above screen grabs. About 1/2 the speed of Windows but going in the right direction. Yet to thoroughly test Handoff and Airdrop.

The current Adobe BETA apps work without patching, eg Illustrator. I expect this is Adobe working with Apple to remove Intel specific code from the apps, so that their ARM chips will run unhindered by that.

The patches are a just a couple of simple scripts that takes a second or so to run.

Nice! So lightroom/PS/Premier all work in beta?

The current Adobe BETA apps work without patching, eg Illustrator. I expect this is Adobe working with Apple to remove Intel specific code from the apps, so that their ARM chips will run unhindered by that.

The patches are a just a couple of simple scripts that takes a second or so to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back