X299 Deluxe
CPU
7980xe
Graphics
GTX760
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
OK I'm new to this...I got it all running with really minimal nagging of the forum (search is pretty dang handy). I'm absolutely in LOVE with OSX for audio work (Protools PCI HD4), I've already deleted everything related to W7.

Anyway one quick question that I look for but I'm not finding anything, I need my card space in my hack, so are there any GFX cards working great that only take up one slot in the machine (no big cooling thing abusing the 2nd slot)? I got my XFX 1gb 4670 functional but video in PT could be better. I don't care/want animated icons but I could use smoother video/scrolling. I'm not a gamer doing any 3d anything, just want smooth video and scrolling.

Thanks. And A big thanks to the Hack community. Also Apple if you are reading, I'm the guy who will probably go with the next great mac pro, and my last mac was a IIsi so go easy on us OK?

Radeon 5450HD.........Install 10.6........
Den upgrade to 10.6.7 using combo upgrade and before rebooting:
1) download ATI5000Injector.kext and install using kexthelper.
2) download ATI5000Controller.kext, ATIFrameBuffer.kext, and ATISupport.kext place them in /System/Library/Extensions......
3)Fix permissions using kext utilities......n voila!!!

Though u dnt need it the 3d apps and fancy icons also works.........Also video works 1080p....

RyanC said:
OK I'm new to this...I got it all running with really minimal nagging of the forum (search is pretty dang handy). I'm absolutely in LOVE with OSX for audio work (Protools PCI HD4), I've already deleted everything related to W7.

Anyway one quick question that I look for but I'm not finding anything, I need my card space in my hack, so are there any GFX cards working great that only take up one slot in the machine (no big cooling thing abusing the 2nd slot)? I got my XFX 1gb 4670 functional but video in PT could be better. I don't care/want animated icons but I could use smoother video/scrolling. I'm not a gamer doing any 3d anything, just want smooth video and scrolling.

Thanks. And A big thanks to the Hack community. Also Apple if you are reading, I'm the guy who will probably go with the next great mac pro, and my last mac was a IIsi so go easy on us OK?

For a pretty painless yet decently capable card, i would suggest a PNY GeForce 210. Its a 1GiB card, low profile (think HTPC), works with only NVEnabler via MultiBeast, and has DVI/VGA/HDMI. I can vouch that dual monitors work, posting on the same setup right now. Dual via VGA / DVI for me, have not tested HDMI, as i have no monitor capable of using it atm. Card is cheap, roughly $40-$60 depending on where you go to get it.

Hope this helps :)

~~Grave

Thanks-

@Akatsuki777, I already have 10.6.8 up, is there are reason I would have to re-install? Or I could just boot to iboot/safe mode and load those kexts right?

Also with hardware changes, is it possible to load the kext for the new hardware before you shut down, then switch it and boot back up?

If you want the current graphics card of urs to work (4670 is cool and designed for mac)...........just add these lines to your boot.com.plist
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>PciRoot</key>
<string>1</string>

it will most probably work

If you want another graphics card buy hd 5450 and do as I said before (no need to reinstall) with your current graphics card in slot shutdown........... after that......remove old graphics card and replace with new one ...............boot into mac and it will surely work.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back