CPU
Ryzen 7 3700X
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, all after successfully getting it to boot, and coming up to the screen where it says Reinstall MacOS, there is no Lan connection. I have tried different cables, but the light is still Orange, not detecting the network/router. I was planning on using an external TPLink AC1300 Wifi card, once installed. I have copied a few of the different Kexts across to the USB drive, but still no luck. The website says its Realtek® GbE LAN chip. I was looking at buying a PCI card to try and get Catalina installed, and I was going to pickup a TP Link TG-3468, which also uses a Realtek. I'll try using Multibeast tonight, and see what that shows. Any guidance would be welcomed. I have been using https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/ as a guide, but I'm open to another option.

Hi, just an update. I ended up buying a cheap TPLink card that worked. I use a TP Link USB AC1300 T4U Dongle for Wifi, which works well once the USB ports are mapped.

Just to confirm the Ethernet ports light is supposed to be Orange, when it is working at 1 Gbps speed, according to the details in the manual for this motherboard. A Green light means it is only working at 100 Mbps.

Screenshot from manual provided with Lan Port information.

Screenshot 2020-09-15 at 16.34.34.png

1. Do you know which Controller the Realtek Lan port uses? The Manual is silent on this matter.
  2. Is the controller included in the Ethernet Kext you installed to your OpenCore EFI/OC/Kexts folder?
  3. Did you make sure to add the kext to the OC config.plist, so it is loaded by OC?

Just to confirm the Ethernet ports light is supposed to be Orange, when it is working at 1 Gbps speed, according to the details in the manual for this motherboard. A Green light means it is only working at 100 Mbps.

Screenshot from manual provided with Lan Port information.

View attachment 488215
  1. Do you know which Controller the Realtek Lan port uses? The Manual is silent on this matter.
  2. Is the controller included in the Ethernet Kext you installed to your OpenCore EFI/OC/Kexts folder?
  3. Did you make sure to add the kext to the OC config.plist, so it is loaded by OC?
Hi, all is working now.
A few days ago, Whilst I was trying to fix the sleep problem, I must have corrupted the config.plist I ended up creating a new updated USB install from [TechTunerLife(
). I used the Realtek8111 (previously I had up to 5), and reinstalled MacOS successfully, using the onboard LAn.
So either I confused the system by using the incorrect LAn or too many LAns. Just my inexperience. I just needed the Lan so I could install my wifi dongle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back