Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K @4.2-4.4GHz
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Just a little note here so you guys are a ware of it, most - but not all - Sandy Bridge boards, no matter the chipset, seems to use the ALC892 audio codec from Realtek. This means slightly more limited support as for whatever reason, this audio codec isn't as easy to get working as the older solutions from Realtek.

We've seen some entry level H67 boards with different audio codecs, but pretty much everything else uses the ALC892 for what it's worth.

As long as I can hear audio I'm fine :).

Yoga said:
Thanks.

Can anyone recommend a good USB soundcard that works out-of-box with SL?

What's your budget?

There's tons of usb audio boxes (not soundcard) that work OOB with SL... I'd use that instead of filling a PCI slot with it...don't know if that would suit your requiriments tho' ;)

The UD5 and UD7 Gigabyte boards use the 889. They are unfortunately pretty expensive.

seanmcd72 said:
The UD5 and UD7 Gigabyte boards use the 889. They are unfortunately pretty expensive.

the GA-H67M-D2 has 888B and is under 100. It's h67 so no overclocking, and it lacks a lot of bells and whistles like USB3

Also the Asus P8P67-M, P8H67-M LE, and P8H67-M LX all have 887 audio and cost 100-125.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back