Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

Bit of a weird one this but here goes:

Back when High Sierra launched I built a new rig with GeForce 1080 card. I also bought a 3440x1440 monitor with GSync.

All good in High Sierra but now I'm planning to move up to Catalina. I'm considering purchasing an RX580 for this purpose but I have a few questions:

Firstly, can I keep the DisplayPort cable plugged in to the AMD card and in Windows still use GSync on my monitor (I really don't want to have to swap the cable between the two cards).

Secondly, are there any issues leaving both cards plugged in under macOS?

I've had a search around for people doing this but I can't seem to find any results!

Cheers

Any luck? im thinking about the same thing

I'm planning to move up to Catalina. I'm considering purchasing an RX580 for this purpose .... can I keep the DisplayPort cable plugged in to the AMD card and in Windows still use GSync ..... are there any issues leaving both cards plugged in under macOS?

@Saganic0,

Yes you can keep the Nvidia GPU connected to a Monitor using a second cable to use when booted in windows.
You can disable the Nvidia GPU in MacOS using ACPI code either by patching your DSDT or by SSDT Hot Patch.
See the link to @RehabMans guide in this post for more information :-

Cheers
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back