Contribute
Register

On the home stretch getting iMessage working w/ Clover - but it's using a UUID and SN from Chameleon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7 3770k
Graphics
GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
On the home stretch getting iMessage working w/ Clover - but it's using a UUID and SN from Chameleon???

For weeks I've been struggling with iMessage, constantly getting the red "this user is not registered with imessage" error. At the advise on someone on a forum I switched from Chameleon to Clover. This is kind of a pain in the ass because now I have to completely re-install windows to use it with that bootloader but anyway...

Things I've tried previously:

screwing around with NVRAM files, editing smbios.plist, deleting various iMessage plists, resetting my Apple ID password, signing in/out on real apple devices (iPad, iPhone). Nothing has worked.

Then I switched to Clover and things with clover seem to work okay but iMessage still doesn't work. After updating to 10.9.3 I noticed sound quit working and I used Multibeast to fix it. That got me thinking - why should I have to use multibeast if I'm using clover? I then checked out System Profiler and it looks like my serial number and Hardware UUID, System Definition (iMac 12,2) are both being pulled from my old smbios.plist file. Why would it be using Clover bootloader and then loading items used by Chameleon?

My next thought was to completely remove /Extra but as I don't have access to a real mac I was wary of doing this. So since I didn't want to brick my install so I did it on my SSD backup volume (complete clone of my SSD). I booted from 'Macintosh SSD' and removed /Extra from 'Backup SSD' then booted Backup SSD and the machine still had the system profile 12,2 and the same serial number and uuid from smbios.plist - even though smbios.plist was completely removed from the machine.

Thoughts? Sound works. Bluetooth works. WiFi Works. Sleep works. I just need iMessage. I'm about this close to selling my machine and buying an iMac (which I do not want to do at all)

edit: doesn't look like editing a title saves. I tried.

For weeks I've been struggling with iMessage, constantly getting the red "this user is not registered with imessage" error. At the advise on someone on a forum I switched from Chameleon to Clover. This is kind of a pain in the ass because now I have to completely re-install windows to use it with that bootloader but anyway...

Things I've tried previously:

screwing around with NVRAM files, editing smbios.plist, deleting various iMessage plists, resetting my Apple ID password, signing in/out on real apple devices (iPad, iPhone). Nothing has worked.

Did you add a credit card to your appleid account?

You might want to look here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

Then I switched to Clover and things with clover seem to work okay but iMessage still doesn't work. After updating to 10.9.3 I noticed sound quit working and I used Multibeast to fix it. That got me thinking - why should I have to use multibeast if I'm using clover?

There is nothing magic in Clover that keeps you from having to re-install patched AppleHDA.kext if you're using it. There are some techniques for AppleHDA specific to Clover that enable you to make audio work without patching AppleHDA, but you have to specifically enable them via a custom HDA injector kexts that you build and the correct binary patches for AppleHDA entered into config.plist.

I then checked out System Profiler and it looks like my serial number and Hardware UUID, System Definition (iMac 12,2) are both being pulled from my old smbios.plist file. Why would it be using Clover bootloader and then loading items used by Chameleon?

Clover does not look at /Extra/smbios.plist. It only loads data for smbios from EFI/Clover/config.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back