Intel Xeon E3-1241 V3
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,
I am trying to install El Capitan on a Fujitsu W530 desktop workstation and here I will try to log the process.

• Downloaded El Capitan
  • Created the USB as read in the official guide.
  • Made changes to the BIOS as read in the official guide. The Bios is an American Megatrends AMI Aptio 4.6. Here the full data sheet of the workstation.
  • Replaced VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI as in Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems
  • Booted the UEFI partition
  • Selected nv_disable=1 boot arg
  • Booted Mac OSX in verbose mode
  • After 5 minutes of +++++++ signs the boot process continued and arrived at the Language choice installation screen.
    • sxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
    • Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no
    • +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  • Erased the existing Windows partition with Disk Utility and created the El Capitan Max OS X journaled parition.
  • Selected the El Capitan partition and proceeded with the normal installation process.
  • Completed the installation process and rebooted.
  • Choosed USB again an booted Max OS X from El Capitan
  • Completed El Capitan setup (region, keyboard layout etc...)
  • Completed post Installation with Multibeast (more details on this later...)
  • Rebooted.
  • Installed NVIDIA drivers as in the official guide.

Issues:

• [SOLVED] After the reboot the system is still booting with some strange Windows related bootloader which try to launch a Windows PE (Preinstallation Environment)
    • Erased the second hard drive where there still was a NTFS partition with apparently no data on it. Nothing changed.
    • It turned out that it is the Intel Boot Agent. I have to search how to remove it.
    • After I did the Multibeast setup and used LegacyBootloader, the system boots with Clover just fine. But I still have to set the nv_disable=1 option.
  • [OPEN] The Audio is not working. The Audio chipset is the Realtek ALC671.

UPDATE: Now after I installed the NVIDIA drivers and rebooted I am stucked at Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

IMG_20160309_144108.jpgIMG_20160309_143928.jpgIMG_20160309_143937.jpgIMG_20160309_133039.jpg

I will update this thread as I discover more, maybe it can be useful to somebody.

Now, after a succesfull installation, after logging in several times, after installed the NVIDIA drivers I can no longer reach the log in screen and I am stucked at Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

Any hint? I will try this proposed solution:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...lutions-el-capitan-install-problems.html#MBCT

UPDATE:
Replacing the content of EFI partition with the one on the USB key got me to start the system but still with the default OS X graphic driver. NVIDIA Web Driver is still not being used.

SOLVED: With the boot arg nvda_drv=1 the System started with the NVIDIA Driver!
IMG_20160309_155148.jpg

Hello all,
I have successfully installed El Capitan 10.11.3 through the procedure detailed in the first post and now the only thing that is not working is the Audio. As I said before, the audio chip, reading the workstation data sheet is a Realtek ALC671. I have read the guide related to No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC Apple HDA on the forum but I really did not understand what I have to do, because the guide is talking about other Realtek ALC models and mine (671) is not listed so I would like to know if there is no hope on getting the audio working on this machine.

The guide says "If your Codec ID is not listed, your codec is not compatible" so no hope at all? :(

Here there is a screenshot of DPCIManager:
Screen Shot 2016-03-10 at 10.12.16.png
UPDATE: I cannot get it working so i bought an external 10$ Sabrent USB audio card on Amazon. ;)

After tried to understand the official guide about the audio not working I simply bought ad external USB Sabrent audio card. It works wonderfully out of the box. Now I have a working Hackintosh!

Hey! Are you still using the system? I have also a Fujitsu w530 and now I'm asking myself if you are happy with it to this day.

Best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back