Contribute
Register

OmniDazzle works with real Mac but NOT my Hack?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte EX58 UD3R
CPU
X5650
Graphics
Asus RX580 8GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
I have an important use for OmniDazzle, which is a little application that in my case allows me to 'live realtime draw' on keynote while in play mode. It is the only application that I have discovered that can do this. It has worked great for me up to 10.9. However, now that I am on 10.9.5 & also have upgraded my GPU to EVGA GTX 760, OmniDazzle crashes every time. It will not load and reports an error. I have had the chance to try OmniDazzle on a real Mac running 10.9.5 and it works great.

I wonder if some kind knowledgable soul might give me some possible suggestions to try and resolve this so I can once again use OmniDazzle (in 10.9.5).

I have an important use for OmniDazzle, which is a little application that in my case allows me to 'live realtime draw' on keynote while in play mode. It is the only application that I have discovered that can do this. It has worked great for me up to 10.9. However, now that I am on 10.9.5 & also have upgraded my GPU to EVGA GTX 760, OmniDazzle crashes every time. It will not load and reports an error. I have had the chance to try OmniDazzle on a real Mac running 10.9.5 and it works great.

I wonder if some kind knowledgable soul might give me some possible suggestions to try and resolve this so I can once again use OmniDazzle (in 10.9.5).

Are you sure "OmniDazzle" supports functionality w/ the GTX760? Try disabling your nVidia card and using the Integrated Intel HD Graphics if there are any with your Xeon.

Thanks AGuyWhoIsBored, yes the GTX760 works with OmniDazzle when booted into 10.8 on this same system. Unfortunately my system does not support Integrated Graphics so nothing to try there.

Are you sure OmniDazzle is updated for Yosemite? Also, what are the big differences between your MBP and your hack? (other than processor, RAM, etc), things that may be preventing it from working on your hack...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back