HP Omen 15-dc0045nr
CPU
i7 8750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1070, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi
I managed to install High Sierra 10.13.6 on my new laptop, an Omen by HP 15-dc0045nr
Processor: 6-core i7 8750H
Chipset: HM370
Memory: 32GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Graphics: nVidia 1070 Max Q
Display: 1920x1080 @ 144hz
Storage: Samsung NVME 512GB (Windows) / Kingston SSD 480GB (Clover)

Followed the guide except for the clover install, because I couldn't find a config.plist that was compatible with my setup.
Right now I have a usable computer, with good bench scores in Cinebench:
WORKING:
-Sound
-Graphics with webdrivers 1920x1080 @ 144hz
-Ethernet
-Power Management
-Trackpad (only 2 fingers multitouch)

NOT WORKING:
-Battery shows 0% if I unplug the power connector (using the kext but I haven't patch anything yet)
-Brightness (haven't done anything to fix yet)
-Sleep (Screen turns off, fans speed up and doesn't sleep or wake at all)

NOT COMPATIBLE:
-Wifi/Bluetooth (Realtek card, I know it won't work at all)

Could you please help me patch my DSDT? I have read the guides but it goes far from what I can understand.

This is my first laptop hack, I've build many desktop hacks before without issues I couldn't fix with help from this forum members, but DSDT patching is just something I don't completely understand.

Thanks!

Attachments

• debug_27340.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Hi
Thanks
I already read the whole guide and the faq, also the guides for patching DSDT. It goes beyond my ability to patch a DSDT, that's why I'm asking for help

Patching ACPI is something you must learn.
It is likely there is an existing battery patch for your DSDT already in the github repo.

Ok, I'll keep reading
Do you have a usable config file that would work as a starting point for my system? (no IntelGFX, only nVidia)
I didn't see anything like that on the guide

Do you have a usable config file that would work as a starting point for my system? (no IntelGFX, only nVidia)

No.
I have no such hardware.
You can use search/google for further information on Nvidia.

Finally I understood that theres no need to patch all warnings, just errors and that I could save the dsdt even when there where lots of warnings.
I succesfully patched my DSDT to get battery status, working sleep/wake, no shutdown errors.
I still have some problems:
-There's a strange lag in the system, like when an HDD is starting up, but there's no HDD, just a sata SSD. It happens when I log in or when I click on a context menu, but it may be at random times. I see the spining ball.
-Battery status doesn't really indicate the charge. I stays the same from when the computer starts
-Even with the full battery patch (HP G6 2221ss with all the fixes uncommented) the laptop boots with battery error

Diagnose files attached

Attachments

• debug_793.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 49
Hi @RehabMan
hope you could help me again
I finally got the laptop battery working with the dsdt edits made by @mail in his post

Everything seems to work OK by now, even though I still see a lot of ACPI errors or warnings while booting (they scroll very fast).
I already switched the wifi card for a working one (BCM94602BAED) and got wifi and bluetooth working with the appropiate kexts
Fixed the USB ports with USBPorts.kext and FBpatcher, and they are working OK. Haven't test Thunderbolt yet.

But i think the SSD has something of a problem
There is a big lag when I open the spotlight search bar, or when I open an app. Computer freezes for about 10 seconds, with spinning ball on the cursor, then it starts working again
TRIM is disabled, the system is in AFPS drive. If I enable TRIM, boot takes very long
SSD is a Kingston UV400 480GB
I have disabled NMVE SSD with Windows install in the boot arguments.
Do you think reinstalling in HFS will help this issue? Or maybe it's a different problem?
Can you have a look at my files and tell my if I'm doing things correctly?

Thanks

Attachments

• debug_30735.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 70
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back