Contribute
Register

Omen 15-ek0006nl not entering installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey man, I have a question.. can you help me with the laptop? whenever I run heavy tasks (like davinci resolve or adobe premiere, or just handbrake converting a video) the laptop randomly restarts, and it happens ALWAYS..

Hey im in the same state you were in the beginning. Would you mind to share your working efi? I'm getting crazy going back and forth without even getting to the installer...
Thanks a lot in advance! You can be my life saver :-D

Hey im in the same state you were in the beginning. Would you mind to share your working efi? I'm getting crazy going back and forth without even getting to the installer...
Thanks a lot in advance! You can be my life saver :-D
Do you have my same exact laptop? For me it's all working now apart from restarts that happens when I browse files in my second SSD where windows is installed. And the audio is a bit low

No, not exact the same. I'll try with one of your existing you shared earlier. But I see the same errors you had in the beginning. Very promising. I got the envy i5 2020 with 10750H and rtx 2060 max q.

So right now I'm stuck at this:
20201212_122302.jpg

Last edited:
Finally I'm in the installation process (arrived to the apple logo). Unfortuntaly I cannot go further cause if I chose to install the system it requires me to have an internet connection.
I have the realtek8111 kext and the right wifi kext in the kexts folder, but it seems the installation cannot find an internet connection

EDIT: I have a AX201 wifi card and a RTL8168H ethernet chip
So my main question is, how did you get from that black screen issue to that status :)

After adding your device properties im stuck here:
IMG_20201212_125952_539.jpg

@taita87 would be great if you could share the efi that worked for you you to get to installation.
:)

Last edited:
It was a problem related to the iGPU, try my last one.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    55.3 MB · Views: 55
Hi, I upgraded from Catalina to Big Sur (my bad, i didn't read a thing about the process as I remembered looking somewhere the process is self-adjusting) and now when I enter the log in screen and put the password in, the laptop restarts...
Any solution?

I updated all the kexts and here's where I'm stuck

Attachments

• IMG_20210106_170103.jpg
    IMG_20210106_170103.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 37
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back