Contribute
Register

Older PC compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, wanting to upgrade my PC, but first want to see if it's compatible to be a hackintosh already to test how things run with it as opposed to my older Macbook Pro. It'll be my first time going through the process so hoping for a bit of an easy run through.

Here are the specs:

Gigabyte H87N-WIFI
Intel Xeon CPU E3-1230 v3 @ 3.30GHz
AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
SanDisk SDSSDA480G 480GB
Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230
8GB Ballistix RAM - DDR3 1 x 8 GB 1600MHz DIMM

Thanks!!

Hey all, wanting to upgrade my PC, but first want to see if it's compatible to be a hackintosh already to test how things run with it as opposed to my older Macbook Pro. It'll be my first time going through the process so hoping for a bit of an easy run through.

Here are the specs:

Gigabyte H87N-WIFI
SanDisk SDSSDA480G 480GB

Thanks!!

Intel Wifi is not compatible. Otherwise the system should be compatible with MacOS Sierra and High Sierra.

Here are the specs:

Gigabyte H87N-WIFI
SanDisk SDSSDA480G 480GB

Thanks!!

The Gigabyte H87N-WIFI motherboard is compatible. I had one years ago and i made a pretty OOB hackintosh with it, the intel wifi can be replaced with native broadcom and use the 5Ghz Antenna for broadcasting via Airplay.

I miss this motherboard :'), now i use a MSI H81I. but your motherboard is better for a Haswell build.

EDIT: i did notice that you are using a Xeon E3-1230 CPU (1155 Socket), your motherboard is 1150. ¿?

Salutes

Last edited:
Umm not too sure to be honest? Is that an issue? I generally just plug pieces in on pcpartbuilder and if it says okay then I grab them

Not an issue. The Xeon E3 1230 v3 is compatible with LGA1150 motherboards like the H87N-Wifi.

Umm not too sure to be honest? Is that an issue? I generally just plug pieces in on pcpartbuilder and if it says okay then I grab them

JamesBond007 is right, i double checked, i was spotting for the 1155 version, your'e ready to go :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back