CPU
i5-8600
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Asking this question to folks with the same motherboard as me. Is there a limit to how many internal hard drives I can have? I currently have an external Thunderbay enclosure with four 3TB hdd's. I am wondering if it's possible to move those internally in my system.

Asking this question to folks with the same motherboard as me. Is there a limit to how many internal hard drives I can have? I currently have an external Thunderbay enclosure with four 3TB hdd's. I am wondering if it's possible to move those internally in my system.

Your motherboard has 7 SATA ports, each one of which can connect to one SATA hard disk or device. How many SATA devices (including SSD / Hard Disk / DVD or Bluray drive) are you using internally?

One optical drive and one backup hard drive currently along with my main SSD OSX boot drive, so three devices.

One optical drive and one backup hard drive currently along with my main SSD OSX boot drive, so three devices.

So you can connect 4 more SATA hard drives to your motherboard. Make sure your power supply has sufficient number of SATA power connectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back