Contribute
Register

Old Yosemite boot stopped working after bulding new Sierra drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790K 4GHz
Graphics
EVGA GTX 750 Ti
So I just built new Sierra boot drive, it all up and running. But now my Old Yosemite build dose not boot, I have tired it with the new Clover on the new Sierra drive an booting from the old Clover on the Yosmite drive.

I have changed nothing in the the .confige of the old Yosmite drive and the bios has not changed. I was doing some fixes to the sleep on the Sierra drive but reverted back to fix my current issue, the issue remains.

The is the crash error when booted at -v.

Anyone know what the issue may be?

Attachments

• PXL_20210411_111053720.jpg
    PXL_20210411_111053720.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 31
  • PXL_20210411_112856697.jpg
    PXL_20210411_112856697.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Anyone know what the issue may be?
When booting from USB the prohibitory symbol usually indicates a USB configuration issue, and when booting from SATA a SATA configuration issue.

When booting from USB the prohibitory symbol usually indicates a USB configuration issue, and when booting from SATA a SATA configuration issue.
Ok so this is maybe a issue with the SATA configs, like bios change or hardwear issue?

Ok so this is maybe a issue with the SATA configs, like bios change or hardwear issue?
It can have several causes.
When there are multiple SATA controllers of differing manufacturer a third party kext may be needed.
Best practice is to make sure that the drive is connected to a port with an Intel SATA controller.

It is best to disconnect any other drives while installing the OS.

Ok can you recomend a Kext?

The multiple drive seem like it might be the issue, the old drive was working the other day an was not untile I put an SSD in to to a clone of my new Sierra boot that i had this issue. But I have taken that SSD out an it is running the same drives as before.

I will look at the bios again and see about Intel SATA controller.

If you use the forum Search tool there are many reports of success and the users provide details of the settings that they used.

Example : MultiBeast >> Drivers >> Disk >> 3rd Party SATA and Drivers > Disk > Intel Generic AHCI SATA.

Last edited:
Ok I'll have a look.

Its is still stange it was all working and then not. Do you think if restore my Yosemite drive from my back up it might help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back