Graphics
HD 4870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there, I finally made some time to try hackintoshing and it's great.
My computer has an Intel DG33BU mobo, Core2Duo E6750 @ 2.66GHz, 3gb RAM @ 667MHz and HD 4870 graphics.
I succesfully installed El Capitan using the universal guide with Unibeast, Clover and Multibeast, got Ethernet and Audio working, video seems OK too, haven't tested thoroughly yet.

My problem is that I have to boot from USB or else screen stays black with cursor blinking.
When using the usb it loads Clover, I choose to boot Clover again but from internal drive, so it loads my patched EFI partition and then I choose to boot OS X from my HDD. This way everything works perfectly.

This means I have an EFI partition with everything in its right place. The thing is that I can only access it with the USB.

I then remembered that the USB drive has an MBR partition table since it wouldn't be recognized if I had it in GPT. My HDD is in GPT. Could it be this the problem? I don't really want to start over but, could I install everything in MBR so my motherboard understands it and boots it?
There's an option in my BIOS that reads "UEFI boot" which is enabled. I'm not really sure what it is since I have BIOS but I have it enabled just in case.

Also, when shutting down, it turns on again after a split second. Maybe this one is just a shutdown fix, dunno.

Please help! I'll provide any details if I skipped anything.
Thank you all for this superb community.
Cheers from Argentina!

Help! now my ethernet stopped working all of a sudden.

I was thinking maybe reinstalling everything un MBR would fix my initial problem, what are the possible downsides of having OSX in MBR?

hey!!! been trying to boot macos from this motherboard, but i cant, mind sharing the EFI? please any advice would help me a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back