Contribute
Register

Old Motherboard/CPU Died...Working on New Build - Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like we should do a zoom call or something
Not allowed. See the forum rules.
  • Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private conversations. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter.

Last edited:
Not allowed. See the forum rules.
  • Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private conversations. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter.
Okay...okay. My bad. It absolutely will not happen again.

But let's be real, it was more of a friendly "thank you" than a solicitation. I also offered to buy him beer because he helped me. Does that mean I buy beer for every member too? (it's a joke...please don't ban me.)

Middleman stepped up and helped me...when no one else did...no moderators. So I appreciate him very much. He's an example of why this site and forum is so awesome.

Last edited:
Haha that’s great! :lol: I am actually quite surprised that it worked that well because some of the settings were rough guesses (based upon my current builds and some ideas I had about Asus boards).

One of the major changes to the EFI were the inclusion of some extra SSDTs and extra system kexts such as VirtualSMC and SMCProcessor. On top of that we had to make extra changes (especially for Asus boards - we had to turn on the AppleXCPMExtraMars) and also enable XHCIPortLimit. I also spoofed Coffee Lake CPUID into the mix to ensure it would boot. For the AMD card we added agdpmod=ignore.

For the USB it has some ports disabled because you are using the standard USBInjectAll kext - so not all ports are on. You will need to create a custom map using Corpnewt’s USBMap tool to enable all of your ports on the Asus board. You will need to disable both USBInjectAll and XHCIPortLimit once that is installed and enabled. > https://github.com/corpnewt/USBMap
Other from that it should be a sound working and stable build. :)

Haha that’s great! :lol: I am actually quite surprised that it worked that well because some of the settings were rough guesses (based upon my current builds and some ideas I had about Asus boards).

One of the major changes to the EFI were the inclusion of some extra SSDTs and extra system kexts such as VirtualSMC and SMCProcessor. On top of that we had to make extra changes (especially for Asus boards - we had to turn on the AppleXCPMExtraMars) and also enable XHCIPortLimit. I also spoofed Coffee Lake CPUID into the mix to ensure it would boot. For the AMD card we added agdpmod=ignore.

For the USB it has some ports disabled because you are using the standard USBInjectAll kext - so not all ports are on. You will need to create a custom map using Corpnewt’s USBMap tool to enable all of your ports on the Asus board. You will need to disable both USBInjectAll and XHCIPortLimit once that is installed and enabled. > https://github.com/corpnewt/USBMap
Other from that it should be a sound working and stable build. :)
It's running really well. Fast - Snappy - graphics are great. I haven't tested or run any metrics yet...but I will soon.

With the front panel USB ports, I mostly use them for charging GoPro batteries and my vape (lol)...sooo I'm fine with the system as is. HAHAHA. I'll probably tackle USB mapping next week, as I'll have more time on my hands then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back