Contribute
Register

Old hardware compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
so I built a windows pc about 6 years ago and the motherboard ended up going on it. I want to rebuild it as a mac/hakintosh but I want to know if the rest of the parts are compatible and what I need to complete it.

Here is what I currently have:
Raidmax Tornado Tower Case

Sapphire Vapor-X 100283VX-2L Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express
2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossfireX Support

Corsair Gaming Series GS500 500W ATX12V

Rosewill RCR-AK-IM5002 usb/multi card ports

WD 1 tb hard drive

2 Samsung Bluray with Lightscribe drives

Any help is much appreciated!
Thanks!

so I built a windows pc about 6 years ago and the motherboard ended up going on it. I want to rebuild it as a mac/hackintosh but I want to know if the rest of the parts are compatible and what I need to complete it.

Here is what I currently have:
Raidmax Tornado Tower Case

Sapphire Vapor-X 100283VX-2L Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express
2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossfireX Support

Corsair Gaming Series GS500 500W ATX12V

Rosewill RCR-AK-IM5002 usb/multi card ports

WD 1 tb hard drive

2 Samsung Bluray with Lightscribe drives

Any help is much appreciated!
Thanks!

Your 5770 graphics card is still supported in modern MacOS versions as far as I know, so I believe you will be able to use your remaining hardware on a new hackintosh system.

You will need to get a new CPU, motherboard and DDR4 RAM. I recommend looking at the Buyer's Guide for a Kaby Lake system. Do you have a budget?

Yeah Im trying to do it on the cheaper side because I dont have too much money to spend on it. Im going to probably buy a part at a time so Ill have it in a month or so. Im going to take a look at the guide. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back