Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3
CPU
i7 2600k
Graphics
GTX 960
Hi folks,

Haven't been on here for a long time. Still using my trusty hackintosh on daily basis though. I've kept it running as it is because "it just works". But sooner or later one has to stop postponing updating. I'm worried getting behind on updates will make my system too vulnerable to hacks and exploits.

I've been out of it so long that I'm not sure what my options are right now. Hope to get some advice here.

My system:
Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 (F10 non-UEFI BIOS)
i7 2600k
GTX 960

OSX 10.10.5 Yosemite
Mac Pro def
Multibeast 7.5.0

Ideally I'd update to the current OSX version and keep my apps and files etc. Not looking forward to reinstalling it all. But I realize this will need to be done some day anyway.

Any advice on which direction to take with this hardware?

Thanks and happy feasting, DTR

I installed High Sierra on an older Gigabyte p55a-ud4p MoBo with a 2.8 gHz quad-core i7 Lynnfield and Nvidia 9800 GTX. It seems to be pretty stable. Quite frankly, of the OS's that I've put on this box, HS was the easiest.

Hi Connie Mac, are you able to advise what Multibeast options you used and your config.plist file?
I have just started setting up my p55a-ud4p with High Sierra and I am having some quirks with NTFS volumes reporting as unitialised and one of disk of a raid pair also reporting as uninitialised. Along with other things just not working.
These were both fine with my previous Mavericks install but unfortunately as I started this new setup the SSD with my other setup decided to completely fail so I have lost any reference to what I had previously chosen.

I have just started setting up my p55a-ud4p with High Sierra and I am having some quirks with NTFS volumes reporting as unitialised and one of disk of a raid pair also reporting as uninitialised.
Certain SATA controllers will have issues with AppleAHCIPort v329 (eg ICH10, 5 series, 7 series, ASMedia 1061) ---> Disks may fail to initialize, not readable or hot plug may fail.

Try Apple AHCIPort.kext v328 or Fix for ICH10.
Check [Solved] Drives not showing up in installer "Disk I/O error" and [Solved] ICH10R and High Sierra

Thanks BreBo
I had found reference to that kext in the article below. But when I used it my boot into OS stopped at some point with a glitched text display and a do not enter symbol.

Using method 2 below and modifying config plist seems to have worked.

I will admit I made a couple of other changes as well as this kext at the same time so it is possible something else contributed to the issue. I should know to make only one change at a time so that I know what caused the issue. But back on track now thanks :)

1) for the Kext modification, Yes. Now we have another solution, see 2)
2) Yes, add this to your config plist in kext to patch :

Code:
<dict>
               <key>Comment</key>
               <string>fix IO error ICH10 for 10.13, credit SunKi</string>
               <key>MatchOS</key>
               <string>10.13.x</string>
               <key>Disabled</key>
               <false/>
               <key>Name</key>
               <string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
               <key>Find</key>